PDA

View Full Version : Best Component System For My Setup?

custom_audio_11
04-30-2008, 11:20 AM
Hey everyone, Im installing a new system in my F-350 consisting of an 8w7 and a 13w7. I'm trying to figure out what type of components to purchase considering the amount of bass. I would like something that makes clean tight mids, but I also want the tweeters to scream at you as if they were titanium or some sort of metal. With that, my truck accepts 5X7's, which component sets are hardly made for.. This gives me the option of installing 5 1/4 brackets to use those instead, but I'm afraid they won't be loud enough for me or be able to pick up every note. My components will be ran off a JL Audio 450/4 so it will have plenty of power to run any component set and I will be able to keep the bass out of the speakers. I have looked at the JL ZR570-CSi 2-Way Component Systems, but I feel JL Audio really over priced this when they put it at $500 (on ebay) and almost a $1000 at a retail store. The other JL Audio set I looked at was C5-570 2-Way Component Systems, I've NEVER heard JL audio speakers/compon., but I would assume they would make me happy, does anyone here have any? Next, I looked at Focal for 5 1/4 and of course there were a few options, but like I said above I'm afraid they just won't be loud enough or "beefy" enough compared to a 5X7. I guess I'm asking everyone are the JL audio's nice components? (Don't start an arguement I understand their over priced). Should I go with 5 1/4? And does anyone have suggestions on a different brand of components?

I really appreciate your help,
Kevin

RidnClean
04-30-2008, 11:24 AM
why two different subs? (sizes of course)

bsean63
04-30-2008, 11:27 AM
like the jl do ya?

custom_audio_11
04-30-2008, 11:33 AM
I bought the two different sizes because the 13W7 is going to be enclosed in a bandpass box while the 8w7 is only going to be in a ported. I love all types of music, but unfortunately the 13w7 is NOT perfect (even though I love it to death) and it can be overpowering during rock or country. It also is not capable of hitting some of the notes as percise as the 8w7 when it comes to this type of music. On the other hand, the 8w7 won't cut it during rap so I want the 13 to blow my ears out. Within a month there will be five amps in my truck running other speakers/subs as well and I'm installing Ford Upfitter switched in my dash that will be connnected to the amp on wires so it will be as easy as flicking a swtich to turn a sub on or off. Hope this helps.

Bsean- I really enjoy JL, I don't enjoy their prices, but I'm one of those guys that once I hear something I like, I'll never get sperated from it.

Thanks,
-Kevin

fanninator
04-30-2008, 11:33 AM
use 6 1/2s! lucky for yourself iv got some.
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=305937

custom_audio_11
04-30-2008, 11:36 AM
Buying new not used, sorry.

-Kevin

snfsh79077
04-30-2008, 11:39 AM
circle > oval

go with 6 1/2s and the focals, depending on which ones, will def make you happy.
Another brand that will suite your needs is mb quart. The premiums and Q series will do the trick.

custom_audio_11
04-30-2008, 11:43 AM
Thanks Sn, I appreciate it!

-Kevin