PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer Avic N2 - Engine Noise?!?

htko4316
04-30-2008, 12:33 AM
First of all, let me introduce myself.
My name is David from Connecticut, and I just joined this community..
I'm a beginner in this whole car audio scene so please go easy on me even if I ask dumb questions :D

Well, I decided to post my first thread in the Head Units forum because my Avic N2 head unit is generating a LOUD engine noise. I got everything checked out by my shop, and we found out that the head unit was the problem.

Basically, my audio guy plugged in his N2 head unit and it stopped making engine noise but when he plugged mine back-in, it started making that noise again. I was searching through ebay to find myself a replacement head-unit with no luck but I came across an auction which offers a repair service on this particular head unit for $100 (here is the link : http://cgi.ebay.com/PIONEER-AVIC-N1-AVIC-N2-AVIC-N3-REPAIR-ONLY_W0QQitemZ180236224737QQihZ008QQcategoryZ79834 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem).

Did anyone have a prior experience with them?
Would I be able to find a repair place in the East Coast where they offer a repair service like them??

Thanks for reading!

JeffM
05-01-2008, 11:15 PM
Before you replace your Pioneer, did you try grounding the RCAs on the back of the unit?

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=198477

Read that thread. It describes the issue your having, and how to fix it.

bamaboy
05-01-2008, 11:17 PM
**** pioneer and the ghetto rcas crap

they need to get it fixed, thats keeping me from thinking about even getting me another pioneer

Ominub
05-03-2008, 03:13 AM
Yeah I use to love pioneer back when i first got into car audio. Then when I had my first external amp for mids/highs on my DEH-780p I had serious ground loop issues. I got it almost gone by doing the rca ground trick and making sure i had a excelent ground on HU. But could never get it all the way gone, could always still slightly hear it at low volumes.

I had eclipse HU/Navagation for awhile now and never had a single issue with that. Always crystal clear! And now I just bought a new IVA-W505 the other day hope to have great results with that too!