wud up guys?
i need sum help
im sick and tired of paying too much for a dam box
i have 2 boston acoustics G2 12s
and i am looking at gettn another set
i have the 2 12s in a 4 cube ported box

I want to build a box for the 4 12s...
i have a mazda protege5... basicly a stationwagon with a tiny trunk
i have been taking measurements for sixes but i havent finalized the dimensions yet

the biggest box is going to b around 8 cubes...im thinking that 6.5 or 7 will b wut i end up with
i am going to pushing the 12s with a hinfonics BXi2006...itll b wired to 2ohms so 1200 watts...300 to each 12....

I have nver built a box before and Im positive that this isnt the best time to start but oh well..better late than never

What should I do for the layout of the 12s in the box?
I want the box tuned decently low...around 33-32hz
How should the portb designed? double baffled?
basicly i baffled..any help on this project would b greatly appreciated

thnx ya'll
fr!k

psych0ticnemes1
04-29-2008, 09:07 AM
I would do subs on top and port along the bottom facing the rear. The port will be enormous but I don't think that is a problem unless you need to conserve space. I would definitely double baffle. You are going to need some pretty solid bracing as well.

PSturmer
04-29-2008, 09:13 AM
i am just finishing up a box right now for 4 12's. i will get a picture of it today to give you an idea.

king ranch
04-29-2008, 09:15 AM
want a easy way out to prted go aero's haha

FAMOUS fR!k
04-29-2008, 03:16 PM
i dont like aeros at all
i was thinking about having the subs firing towards the top of the car and having the port on the bottom of the box...but im kinda leaning more towards havin the port and the subs all on one side

but with that...im gonna need a lot of space to fit the subs and port
im not sure exactly how low i wanna tune the box and how i build the port in order to tune it to that frequency

fR!K