View Full Version : I need some help I believe...

04-28-2008, 05:47 PM
I am looking to buy some components, but want to piece something together. Was told to run some SEAS 1 inch dome tweets (aluminum) and I want to run the mach5 MLI6.5 or whatever as the mid. What do I use for a crossover? I want this stuff in the door of my truck, and want loud and clean.

I don't have a **** load of money (hence the piecing together of components). Can anyone link me to what I will need? I don't have a clue what im doing, but don't want a shop doing the work. I am good enough with building ****, just need some product/tuning help. I don't have to go active I guess, right? I don't want to :laugh:.

Anyone willing to help me out, and get me going in the right direction?

Also, given the seas/mach5 setup, what amp would be worth getting to run them? I don't mind "name brand" stuff for this build, if the amp is good. I hate buying amps :laugh:

04-28-2008, 05:51 PM
you can look into building a crossover yourself. I have no experience here, but I believe NGsm does. I recall seeing a home audio build he did when he made his own crossovers iirc.

I know crossover parts and design software can be purchased from partsexpress.com

04-28-2008, 09:46 PM
would rather just buy them.

05-01-2008, 03:36 PM
anyone? either a full componant set, or how to run these with a prebuilt crossover..

05-01-2008, 03:44 PM
also what about running daytons from parts express and some tweeters from there as well. i just need to get something rather quick so I can get started. any help is appreciated. i want something that sounds good, but really want good ouput more so. but quality sound as well.

05-01-2008, 11:34 PM
These are the tweeters you want:

And yes, you will be going active. You need to be able to tune the crossover to whatever speakers you choose. You can use something like this for your crossover:

You'll need a 4 channel amp. Maybe a Profile AP1040 for $90, maybe something better.

As for which mids to use, I don't know. The people on diymobileaudio.com would know.

Hope this helps!
-- Kevin