PDA

View Full Version : best speakers for my setup

lilwheezy7d5
04-28-2008, 01:06 PM
Im looking for a new set of front components. 6 1/2" in size. I need a few recomendations to look into that will run best in my system. i want them to be loud and clear...im not so worried about midbass, i just want to hear the highs, vocals, and details loud and clear.

i have a 2 channel orion amp Hp-2600 that does 100 watt per channel at 4ohm and 180 at 2.

Ide like to stay around or under 300$ thanks

thevic24
04-28-2008, 04:29 PM
anything from mb quart would be good. and for the right price, jl isnt too bad eaither

lilwheezy7d5
04-28-2008, 07:07 PM
i was looking into JL, i never heard anything about their speakers though. I might have to try tweeter to see if they have them.

I was also thinkin about Boston Acoustic Pro60's?

The only issue imay find myself having is the placement of the tweeter. mine are in the door and the kicker tweeter is huge. Im hoping the new ones will fit in there snug and the hole will not be too big.

what are infinity perfects like/ I can get them through work, my friend has the reference series and they are okay but they are only running off of his HU now so i cant realy judge.

Powers
04-28-2008, 07:21 PM
Focal Polyglass

snb778
04-28-2008, 07:23 PM
don't think you have quite enough power for those pro 60's for them to shine

lilwheezy7d5
04-29-2008, 03:11 PM
how much would i need for the pro60s? if i find my amps blown then ill be willing to upgrade to more power

bigbangtheory
04-29-2008, 04:47 PM
Read some reviews on the PG RSD's. Kind of a forum boner, which like I said before in another thread, is good sometimes and not so good. I ordered a set for myself. Can't go wrong for 80 smacks.

I believe you might be able to get in a good line in the Hertz componets, which people rave about.

I always liked my MB Quart Q series, but I am not sure how much they are anymore and a different company owns them now from when I did. So might not be the same. Loved them when they were in my cutlass though.

Not to plug what I have, but I have a set of 5 1/4" Alpine SPX, which is one of their top line componets for uber cheap! Crossovers are a little hard to set, but once set right, they shine! Just throwing it out there.

Peace and good luck with anything you decide on.

lilwheezy7d5
04-30-2008, 12:42 PM
im trying to look into hertz... i got a pm about them but i cant find a local dealer. the website doesnt even list the US