PDA

View Full Version : 1997 taurus???

smokeoff
05-15-2003, 11:27 AM
How do you get the front speakers out on the front door. Grills just pulled off the back ones. Front ones dont want to move. Is this going to be one of those whole door off things.

Radar
05-15-2003, 11:31 AM
Probably its going to be a whole door thing. On my lincoln(ford) i had to take the door pannels completely off to get access to the speakers. you can try getting a chilton manual, they tell you haw to get access into the door and everything you need to know about your car.

smokeoff
05-15-2003, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the quick response. were would I find one of those manuals?

Radar
05-15-2003, 02:48 PM
I got mine at my local O'riley store, i think theyre like $20 (ish),or go to
www.chiltonsonline.com

awalbert88
05-16-2003, 12:19 AM
You can also hit up a store like Pepboys or Autozone. They usually have the manuals reasonably cheap. I have the manual for an early generation Taurus, but I doubt it applies to the newer model.

sixstringmadman
06-08-2003, 04:36 PM
you do? could you tell me how to remove the door panel on my 95 taurus?

lizardskins7
06-14-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by sixstringmadman
you do? could you tell me how to remove the door panel on my 95 taurus?

I have a 95 taurus, so I can try to help you out. Mine is an LX with power windows, so if you have a different model then this might not be exactly the same.
The first thing to do is to take all the screws, there's one in the sail piece that's up by the rearview mirror, there's a screw in the bottom middle of the door above the little pocket thing. There's 2 screws underneath the conrols for the power-locks and power-windows, and then there's another screw behind the handle in the arm rest.
After taking off all the screws, it's just being held on by body clips. I reccomend buying a tool for pulling body clips if you don't have one, it's only $5 or so. You stick it in around the edges of the door and wherever you find a clip, you pop it out. It might take a lot of force to get it off, I was really scared that I was gonna break it the first time I took my door panel off. If you're sure that all the screws are out though, it shouldn't hurt to use a lot of force on it.
Once all the clips are off, just pull the panel off kind of gently and reach around the back to unclip all the wires connected to the door before you completely remove the panel.

Let me know if you need more help or if that didn't make sense. I wrote that kind of in a hurry, but I'd be happy to go into more detail or to take a picture and show you where the body clips are if you want.