PDA

View Full Version : Question about 8" Midbass enlosure.

hemi4me?
04-27-2008, 09:34 PM
Hey there guys, I have a Chrysler 300C with what seems to have alot of room in the lower corners of the kicks. I bought some Kicker Midbass 8" slim magnet drivers (about 3" deep). I have used them before and I liked them alot.

I am driving them with 2 or 4 channels of the Memphis Big Belle amplifier (not make my mind yet.

I was going to put them in the doors till I saw some kicks this installer built in a 3000GT today, and they looked amazing.

Here is the question. The doors have to be a pretty crappy place acoustically for midbass drivers. Is ther any way to use these speakers in the kicks without using any fiberglass? It looks very hard to do to me, and I dont want to try it wast $100 in material and then sound crappy.

Can anyone give me some insite on creating nice midbass without the fiber? Or is it not possible?

mdillon
04-27-2008, 09:46 PM
i havent seen the 300 doors. but if theres anyway to mount a sealed pod to the door, it would be ideal. imo the kicks always give me problems.

hemi4me?
04-27-2008, 09:56 PM
There are 6x9 in the door, and they are not that deep. I dont really want anything hanging from the door.