PDA

View Full Version : 15" box questions

netzero
04-27-2008, 07:14 PM
Hey,
so I'm thinking of getting a 15" RE SE for my bday and RE recommends 4 cubes for optimum sound. IS that 2 cubes after displacement or gross? If you use the RE box calculator and build box 38 x 18 x 18 with a 4" wide port it tunes it to 30 Hz and says 4.2 cubes. Thats net with displacement from the port correct? Would that be a good size for the SE?

Also I have a second question. Curving the angle into the port from the face, how do you do it and how does it effect your tuning? Any techniques or tips to offer? Anyone who has some knowledge on the subject of porting with curves and 45 degree angles any help is much appreciated! Thanks

psych0ticnemes1
04-28-2008, 12:05 PM
You mean 4 Cubes? They mean Net... = Volume that the subwoofer will see. If you want a tuning of 30 hz than that is a good size for the SE. Yes, it is the net volume.

netzero
04-28-2008, 01:23 PM
Yes sorry, i got mixed with the 12" for a second. Ok, so if im gonna build a basic ported box, the RE calculator should be fine? Is it off much? Thanks

I'm still interested in 45s in the port and kurfing the outside portion of the port, If anyone has frequency difference info with these and tips on how to do it, that would be awesome. Thanks again