PDA

View Full Version : Nova Build Log

Nova76
04-27-2008, 07:32 PM
ok so this isn't really car audio related at the moment but i figured id start one for the build im doing on it first the engine then the audio.

well my engine blew wednesday night so i threw a piston rod and it had a really bad knock but i dint think anything off it because i was only driving it for school and not far so im getting a High Performance 350 made for me with a new block, pistons, 470/470 comp cam, new heads, High Volume oil pump, the same type of intake as my old one, and i have to reuse my carb to keep cost down.

i started to tear the front end of the engine down today all i need to do is detach the tranny from it and unhook the motor mounts and get that Bish out of there unfortunatly i have to wait till this sat to pull it since my uncle has the engine hoist and knows how to do that stuff and then just another half a week to a week and the new engine is going to be droped in there then i can get my audio built.

sadly thought i had to sell my new amp to get money for the engine but its to a homie so hopfully i can get it back from him after i get this done for cheaper than he paid me for it BUT thats for a diff time

Before
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j23/ooooooo_photos/1227071213a.jpg

After
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j23/ooooooo_photos/0427081525.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j23/ooooooo_photos/0427081523.jpg

Powers
04-27-2008, 08:20 PM
We're watching, waiting... :)

Nova76
04-27-2008, 08:25 PM
We're watching, waiting... :)

haha its maybe next friday till i can get back to working on it since i got school mon-thurs and i have no jack at the moment but ill post picks once i get the driveshaft out and the pipes droped.

Nova76
04-29-2008, 11:31 PM
ok so i have to wait till sat to actualy do any more work to it but im thinking about painting my rims since there so old and there starting to show ALOT of wear on them now im thinking since i painted all my chrome peices black except the bumpers and the window trim (dont know how to take those off) that if i painted the rims black it match the other peices now theres a peice in the middle of each spoke that sinks in a little idk weather to paint that peice yellow or just go all black on the rims what do you guys think?

just looking to see what you guys might think would look better because right now the rims dont look to good thanks.

DBDRAGGUY
04-29-2008, 11:35 PM
Do not paint the bumpers or window trim. Post a closeup of the wheel and a little better explanation of what you would like to accomplish with it.

Nova76
04-30-2008, 12:17 AM
Do not paint the bumpers or window trim. Post a closeup of the wheel and a little better explanation of what you would like to accomplish with it.

yea the bumpers im keeping chrome i love the way they look to much:) i was still undecided on the window trim because i like chrome on my car but i wanted to do it black and yellow but i was leaning more to just keep them chrome.

theres actually two lines that sink in on the rims there IROCs by the way (i know IROCs on a nova they were on the the car when i first bought it and i just keeped them because there super light but i just want to make them look a little better instead of the faded alumminum look that they have im thinking it would look good since the side light bezels, grill, head light housing and the tail light bezels are black and my interior is paited black to match im planing on changing them out to have probly skinny 14-15" in the front and some 16-17" in the back to give it a more of a drag racing look as im going to be taking it to the track as soon as i get the new engine it.

its really dark out side so this is the best picture i could get of the rims the other one i found off of google

Nova76
04-30-2008, 06:14 PM
anyone got any sudgestions of what else i should do?

85Caprice4d
05-01-2008, 10:30 AM
if you HAVE to stick with those rims, i'd say black and the yellow sunk in would look pretty good...

i love the car man...
if your just waiting until you get the money for some rims, all im gonna say is nothing gaudy on that car...for the love of god

Nova76
05-01-2008, 03:23 PM
if you HAVE to stick with those rims, i'd say black and the yellow sunk in would look pretty good...

i love the car man...
if your just waiting until you get the money for some rims, all im gonna say is nothing gaudy on that car...for the love of god

tyea for now as i have to buy a new engine and still have to work my car audio up after this im pretty much broke .

thanks man and naw im not going with anything to big or flashy just something to give it a more muscel car look and give it a nice stance either five spoke american racing rims or some closed up weld wheels.

but thanks for the feed back man anyone else?

DBDRAGGUY
05-01-2008, 03:57 PM
yea the bumpers im keeping chrome i love the way they look to much:) i was still undecided on the window trim because i like chrome on my car but i wanted to do it black and yellow but i was leaning more to just keep them chrome.

theres actually two lines that sink in on the rims there IROCs by the way (i know IROCs on a nova they were on the the car when i first bought it and i just keeped them because there super light but i just want to make them look a little better instead of the faded alumminum look that they have im thinking it would look good since the side light bezels, grill, head light housing and the tail light bezels are black and my interior is paited black to match im planing on changing them out to have probly skinny 14-15" in the front and some 16-17" in the back to give it a more of a drag racing look as im going to be taking it to the track as soon as i get the new engine it.

its really dark out side so this is the best picture i could get of the rims the other one i found off of google

I suggest 3m rubbing compound and a electric buffer for the main face of the wheel. Use and old pad and go to town with it. The inlay is a little tricky once yor wheels are polished take your time and tape off the outside of the inlay and paint it will some high temp rattle can stuff (caliper paint). Since your painting in a rigde take your time and use side to side sweeps and let the paint coat it gradually. once you have them polished and painted, apply some wheel finish sealer.

speedfreak28
05-01-2008, 04:04 PM
look on ebay for somem used weld draglites or prostar wheels, you could get a set for like 500 used.

Nova76
05-01-2008, 04:56 PM
I suggest 3m rubbing compound and a electric buffer for the main face of the wheel. Use and old pad and go to town with it. The inlay is a little tricky once yor wheels are polished take your time and tape off the outside of the inlay and paint it will some high temp rattle can stuff (caliper paint). Since your painting in a rigde take your time and use side to side sweeps and let the paint coat it gradually. once you have them polished and painted, apply some wheel finish sealer.

alright thanks for the help man ill try the 3m and the buffer and see how it works out with the painting hopfully it doesnt glop up on the inside gap

Nova76
05-01-2008, 04:57 PM
look on ebay for somem used weld draglites or prostar wheels, you could get a set for like 500 used.

yea iv seen some on craigslist here for cheap its probly going to be anothere year or a year and a half till i can get some new ones i still have to get my rear leaf springs rearched or buy new ones and get new springs for the front

Nova76
05-04-2008, 02:02 PM
ok so me and my uncle pulled the engine yesterday i dint get pics because we were pressed on time to get it over to the guy and i saw my new engine to day painted yellow with the chrome valve covers and a chrome and red racing timing tab it looks nice i cant wait to get it in my nova and see how it runs.

anyways i finaly was able to take my heater core off so now i have room and can get some headers made later on, and was able to scrap all the caked up grease near the engine mounts so you can see the metal now and ill be able to tell if i ever have leak where its coming from also i taped everything off (newspaper and duct tape haha) so i could paint my fire wall, wheel wells, and the front clip because it had alot of overspray from the last guy and looked kind of greenish but now its all black and im just waiting for it to dry to put the 3rd coat on.

i also repainted the grill black had a couple nasty chips in the paint from some rocks well heres the pics

Nova76
05-04-2008, 09:57 PM
well got everything painted hit the firewall, wheel wells, hood hinges, grill, and the front clip with a coat of rust prevention black then 3 coats of dupli color flat black i also went ahead and cleaned the intake manifold as best i could and hit it with dupli color engine enamel semi-gloss black since imna be doing my engine parts black it made it look alot better and gives it a nice custom look as i havent seen anyone in tucson with it black yet at least.

it took just about all day i taped everything off last night and i woke up at 8 this morning and started and i got done around 5-515 so just about 9 hours to do this but all i gotta say was that it was worth it, it looks a hell of alot better well on to the pics.

after the first coat of black looks kinda chrome to me in the pic.
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j23/ooooooo_photos/0504081454b.jpg

after the final coat just letting it dry out.
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j23/ooooooo_photos/0504081454.jpg

Nova76
05-05-2008, 01:43 AM
well im out for the night imna be putting the new engine in tomorrow morning:D so ill get pics up of it out and then when i get it in.

Nova76
05-06-2008, 03:43 AM
well me and my unkle got the engine in today and it sure was a pain in the A$$ wen trying to change the motor mounts we found out that the nuts wernt welded into the fram for the bolts so after about an hour of messing with it we had to take the lower control arms off to change them then after that we put the finishing touches onto the motor and we droped it in took like 20 mins but it was kind of smooth and we got the starter, exhuast manifolds, intake and tranny hooked into it so all thats left is the front end pullys, connect the pipes to manifolds, fill it with oil, prime it, start it, and adjust the valves then ill be good to go and i cant wait till this motor breaks in so i can take it to the track to see what it runs it should be pretty quick basicly same motor as my last except it has the high lift comp cam in it but hopfully ill know soon if not this week ill get it started this sat and well see how it sounds.

my computer is messed up so i cant get on photobucket to get better pics up so ill have to load it through here for now so here you go...

smd4life
05-06-2008, 03:46 AM
put some headers on the bish

Nova76
05-06-2008, 03:50 AM
put some headers on the bish

im planing to but i gotta get a job first so i can get the money to redo the exhuast system imna get some hooker headers, flowmaster super 44s, and some dual exhuast tips that are shaped as the chevy emblem so it should sound mean in the futur

car_lost
05-06-2008, 09:41 AM
please dont get those chevy tips.

Nova76
05-06-2008, 02:17 PM
please dont get those chevy tips.

im not gonna get them because i looked them up on line to see how much everything would be and they dont come any bigger either 2 1/2 or it was 2 3/4 i dont remember but i wanna get 3 1/2 or 4" pipes to get it soundin meaner

car_lost
05-06-2008, 02:55 PM
thank goodness :D

DBDRAGGUY
05-06-2008, 02:59 PM
im planing to but i gotta get a job first so i can get the money to redo the exhuast system imna get some hooker headers, flowmaster super 44s, and some dual exhuast tips that are shaped as the chevy emblem so it should sound mean in the futur

**** those Chevy tips, I just cut them off my truck. they were on it when i got it and they assclown silly. I went with a pair of 4" chrome tips, and a flowmaster muffler.

85Caprice4d
05-06-2008, 05:23 PM
pure ***.
don't get no Chevy emblem exhaust, cos then i cant rape da yellow fellow

Nova76
05-06-2008, 05:51 PM
pure ***.
don't get no Chevy emblem exhaust, cos then i cant rape da yellow fellow

what you got?

Nova76
05-06-2008, 05:53 PM
**** those Chevy tips, I just cut them off my truck. they were on it when i got it and they assclown silly. I went with a pair of 4" chrome tips, and a flowmaster muffler.

on my way to school i saw a boo boo regal with those tips it looks ****in stupid when there under the car i guess everything does look better in the stores

Nova76
05-08-2008, 01:54 AM
well since the old bolt i had for the harmonic balancer wont fit into my new engine i went to Auto Zone to get a new one and the guy tells me they dont have one that i would have to go the the Chevy dealer for it im thinking WTF go to the dealer for a 76 350 would they even have that part there?

Blazin_Jason
05-08-2008, 02:00 AM
You can get that bolt easily. I forget what length and thread size/pitch it is. I got one from summit from Mr. Gasket I think.

Nova76
05-08-2008, 02:02 AM
You can get that bolt easily. I forget what length and thread size/pitch it is. I got one from summit from Mr. Gasket I think.

thats what i figured i was going to try checkers tomorrow after i get outta school if then id have to see about online i need to get it before this sat so i can get the engine put back together and started so i can run it and get it broken in but ill try summit right now i forgot about them thanks man.

Nova76
05-08-2008, 04:51 PM
auto zones soo gay i looked on summit and they had it and i went on auto zone.com and put in the item number and they have it it wasnt at the one by my house but they should have told me that they had it ****in assholes

Nova76
05-09-2008, 12:06 AM
well imna be finishing the engine up sat but i was starting to think about what to do about the system when i get the money saved up im either thinking 4-10s, 3-12s, 2-15s, or 1-18 the subs will probly be Kicker or DD for 10s FI, DD, RE, AQ for 12s, 15s, or 18s but idk what would be loudest i would be giving the subs i get as much as they can handle in a daily driver hopfully aero ported if i get 10s-15s the 18 would probly have to be sealed depending on the sub but wut would you guys sudgest i look at?

also i only have about 5 cubes to work with in my truck its kind of small untill i can find someone to wall the back seat for me.

Nova76
05-09-2008, 04:16 AM
come on guys i know you guys can help me out in this its not something im getting right now but i really want a 18" because of the size and noone i know has a 18 so they would trip when they saw it but im thinking either 3 12s or 2 15s would get louder?????

car_lost
05-09-2008, 09:44 AM
2 15's.

85Caprice4d
05-09-2008, 11:44 AM
what you got?

I was talking about *** wit yo car:confused:

:laugh:

85Caprice4d
05-09-2008, 11:47 AM
oh and i think you should go with 4 tens or 6 8's. Mo' surface area, and the price should be significantly less

Nova76
05-09-2008, 10:26 PM
I was talking about *** wit yo car:confused:

:laugh:

haha yea i dint get that but hey give me a break iv been working on my car everyday this past week.

as for the 8s idk the only 8s id go with would be DD but im going to be looking to get the subs off here used and i dont think anyone has 6 DD 8s that they would sell for cheap but as for everyother sub they will be cheaper because imna buy used

Nova76
05-11-2008, 01:47 PM
i got the engine running friday but my computer is being gay and wont let me load the pics up so as soon as i get them loaded up ill have them on here

Nova76
05-11-2008, 11:16 PM
heres the pics.....

the car...
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k87/chubby_boy1991/0509081803.jpg

the engine...
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k87/chubby_boy1991/0509081800.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k87/chubby_boy1991/0509081801.jpg

Rawr-DQ
05-11-2008, 11:18 PM
now we could use some better pics

Nova76
05-11-2008, 11:20 PM
now we could use some better pics

i know it was takin with my phone im trying to find my moms camera but i think my sister might have it

85Caprice4d
05-11-2008, 11:21 PM
very clean.
kick *** car man. congrats id be proud to drive that thing around.

Nova76
05-11-2008, 11:25 PM
yea i keep seein a grip of people know it kind of ***** because i think the guy might have put a bent push rod in it but idk yet

Nova76
05-13-2008, 01:18 AM
i never really thought id be saying this but im really thinking of going with 4 or 5 8" DD but i just want to know if there is any other brand i should look at dont want to spent alot of maoney on them but i want to put up a nice number if i go to a local comp anyone have any ideas or know of any that are really cheap???

Nova76
05-15-2008, 02:50 PM
well this ***** @$$ i changed the vacume modulator on my TH350 and it still wont shift out of first guys at auto zone said it might be a problem with the gears or belts on the inside so i gotta take it to aamco tomorrow morning to have them check it **** i hope i dont have to buy a new ****ing tranny.

Nova76
05-16-2008, 01:45 PM
well looks like im not going to be driving anywere untill i can get either a new tranny or my old one rebuilt it seems like if it aint one thing its another.

any ideas?

Nova76
06-01-2008, 04:13 PM
well i recently found out i need a new carb and it ***** for 3 reasons
1. it has trouble starting now because theres no fuel getting into the carb on start up so i have to mash the pedal down sometimes
2. it lost a hell ov alot of performance in mid and high range where it had improved from my old engine
and 3. im ****ing broke

so idk what im going to do my birthday is in 8 days so i might have to see how much i get from that if any and try and buy a new or used one or just buy a rebuild kit but i really want a Holly Double Pumper on dat *****

82 cutlass
06-01-2008, 04:26 PM
well this ***** @$$ i changed the vacume modulator on my TH350 and it still wont shift out of first guys at auto zone said it might be a problem with the gears or belts on the inside so i gotta take it to aamco tomorrow morning to have them check it **** i hope i dont have to buy a new ****ing tranny.

Did you just install the engine and trans ? Sounds like the converter wasn't installed correctly and blew out the front pump of the trans .

Nova76
06-01-2008, 05:10 PM
Did you just install the engine and trans ? Sounds like the converter wasn't installed correctly and blew out the front pump of the trans .

it was this little gear in the rear of the tranny on the tail i took off this little plate and took this long peice out with a gear on the end of it and the gear was torn to **** idk what it was called but i replaced it and its working perfect now

82 cutlass
06-01-2008, 05:15 PM
it was this little gear in the rear of the tranny on the tail i took off this little plate and took this long peice out with a gear on the end of it and the gear was torn to **** idk what it was called but i replaced it and its working perfect now

That good...glad you got it taken care of .

Nova76
06-01-2008, 05:15 PM
That good...glad you got it taken care of .

hell yea me to but its always one thing after another with her

406er
06-01-2008, 11:52 PM

thats called the govenor! and i think the motor looks ok, but u shoulda kept your intake aluminum and u need to do somehting wiht your wire set, its looks bad with the wires all over the place.

and heres a little something for you to drool over

this is my 383 stroker in my 78malibu. its in and around the area of 470Hp and 500ft lbs of torque.

http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL356/1929773/16701887/252649845.jpg

Steven206Seattl
06-01-2008, 11:55 PM
well i recently found out i need a new carb and it ***** for 3 reasons
1. it has trouble starting now because theres no fuel getting into the carb on start up so i have to mash the pedal down sometimes
2. it lost a hell ov alot of performance in mid and high range where it had improved from my old engine
and 3. im ****ing broke

so idk what im going to do my birthday is in 8 days so i might have to see how much i get from that if any and try and buy a new or used one or just buy a rebuild kit but i really want a Holly Double Pumper on dat *****

You may just have a vacuum hose disconnected. Check the hose that goes from the distributor to the carb

SilverSquared
06-01-2008, 11:59 PM
few guys I know that race all run Holley Dominators and ALL say the same ****...rebuild every 3 months, or get an Edelbrock.

406er
06-02-2008, 12:15 AM
few guys I know that race all run Holley Dominators and ALL say the same ****...rebuild every 3 months, or get an Edelbrock.

ahhhh, a dom realy isnt a street carb, it is an all out race carb. and i would run any other carb BUT a holley. ive had mine for 4 years now, and ive yet to touch it in the last 3.9 years.

Nova76
06-02-2008, 07:13 PM
**** thats a nice 383 im hoping to get somthing like that or a 400sb in her in a couple of years and once i get a job imna be getting a new distributor and wires and clean them up also planing on getting a painless wire kit for her.

and its not th vacume line that was the first thing i checked and there all conected the carbs just really old and with they way the old guy took care of the car so badly im sure he dint take care of any parts on the engine very well.

85Caprice4d
06-06-2008, 11:08 AM
what evar happened to this?
you ever get into the audio or are you still working out the kinks under the hood?
still waiting to see what you decide to do for sound

Nova76
06-12-2008, 03:05 AM
hopfully just worked out the last kink under the hood got a Rebuilt Holly Double Pumper on today with a chrome dual feed fuel line and a chrome 1" wide open spacer sounds good and is alot faster than before i think im loosing pressure somewere thought but not for sure i dont see any leaks but imna check the plugs tomorrow morning that could be the problem ill have pics of the engine tomorrow morning as well..... still dont know what imna do for audio wise right now as im STILL trying to look for another job but the first thing imna be looking into is a better deck, vocal amp, and inside speakers

Nova76
06-12-2008, 04:08 AM
just thought id ad a pic i took yesterday when i first got the carb while it wasnt on the engine

Nova76
06-13-2008, 05:16 AM
well here are the pics as promised i got everything on and working with a new fram 14x4 air filter but for some reason now after im driving it for awhile when i broke all the way or just let off the gas it will start to die and when i go to start it up i have to press the gas down all the way or else ill be sitting there cranking it over for a min idk if its because its getting hot or what?

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j23/ooooooo_photos/0612081234.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j23/ooooooo_photos/0612081248.jpg

07montecarlo
06-13-2008, 05:17 AM
flooding set your floats on your holley

Nova76
06-13-2008, 05:21 AM
flooding set your floats on your holley

did that checked them three times when i was working on her yesterday and the mixture screws are out 1 1/2 i had them at 2 1/4 and it was running rich i played around with the idle dint make a diff

07montecarlo
06-13-2008, 05:49 AM
holley are very sensitive to idle mixture,at the most 3/4 out from snug bottom is the most.

also your idle (air/fuel)circuit is over and done by 800-1000 rpm then your primary kicks in,it should be a smooth transition with no lag

07montecarlo
06-13-2008, 05:52 AM
also where are your butterfly in conjunction with your transition slots.should look like a tiny square,those need to be set b4 you put carb on then idle then fuel mixture

speedfreak28
06-13-2008, 06:20 AM
id re route the fuel line, when the car gets hot it can vaporlock and make it near impossible to start. reroute it away from the engine and inside the frame rail away from exhaust manifolds or headers.

speedfreak28
06-13-2008, 06:23 AM
also, just noticed your running 800cfm carb, way too much for mild 350 daily, should honestly probably be about a 650cfm, bigger isnt always better.

Nova76
06-13-2008, 08:45 PM
also where are your butterfly in conjunction with your transition slots.should look like a tiny square,those need to be set b4 you put carb on then idle then fuel mixture

i have no idea what your talking about?

id re route the fuel line, when the car gets hot it can vaporlock and make it near impossible to start. reroute it away from the engine and inside the frame rail away from exhaust manifolds or headers.

it has a problem starting when it hasnt been started but once i get it started its ok it will start right back up after a couple mins but when i turn it off fuel will trickel down into the carb i can hear it when the air cleaner is off idk whats wrong with it weather it needz a rebuild or what i was also thinking maybe my fuel pump on my engine is meesing up as its old maybe thats why my car will go to dye is it not getting fuel to it?

i put the fan shroud back on because when it starts to get at like 180-190 it starts to shut off when i stop.

Nova76
06-13-2008, 08:48 PM
put the fan shroud on and cleaned the wires up a little put some extra wire clamps on em so it looks a little better

BEFORE
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j23/ooooooo_photos/0612081248.jpg

AFTER
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j23/ooooooo_photos/0613081608.jpg

Nova76
06-19-2008, 05:21 PM
well i sold the carb waaaaaaay to big for my engine it was flooding my engine out so i put the smaller one on and with the money imna paint my rims either stright black or black and yellow any sudgestions?

car_lost
06-19-2008, 05:23 PM
forget painting the wheels. put that $$$ towards whatever needs fixing or towards the system.

Nova76
06-19-2008, 05:25 PM
the only thing thats wrong is the tranny but it still drives i just cant race it but i dont really care bout that and i only got bout 56 bucks after buying some shirst i still gotta get my hair cut so thats bout 12 bucks so ill only have 44 bucks idk i probly could find a used 4 channel off craigslist and get my vocals loud as **** again

car_lost
06-19-2008, 05:26 PM
do you HAVE to spend it?

audiobahnuser18
06-19-2008, 05:29 PM
Very nice man looking great. i told u that nova had some potential:D. keep up the great work man.

MikeyB
06-19-2008, 05:39 PM
well i sold the carb waaaaaaay to big for my engine it was flooding my engine out so i put the smaller one on and with the money imna paint my rims either stright black or black and yellow any sudgestions?

Dont paint the rims! I think it would look fugly with black or black and yellow wheels. :(

MikeyB
06-19-2008, 05:39 PM
the only thing thats wrong is the tranny but it still drives i just cant race it but i dont really care bout that and i only got bout 56 bucks after buying some shirst i still gotta get my hair cut so thats bout 12 bucks so ill only have 44 bucks idk i probly could find a used 4 channel off craigslist and get my vocals loud as **** again

Start saving up for that tranny ;)

grimreper912003
06-19-2008, 05:45 PM
with that money and welding wire you could get your name out of my sig ;)

BTW hell of a car man, looks great.

Nova76
06-19-2008, 09:27 PM
Start saving up for that tranny ;)

imna wait for now and once i get a job my first like 2 or 3 pay checks imna buy a new 700R4 or atleast a TH400 right now with gas the way it is its nice to have something thats holding me back from pushing that gas pedal all the way down haha

and audiobahnuser18 thanks man i just hope she can be finished in a couple of years hopfuly 2 at the least haha but i dought it unless i get really lucky

Nova76
07-05-2008, 03:27 PM
i was just wondering if the shift cable would let me shift int park/nutrel/drive but not work when i shift into l1/l2 i was thinking maybe it was that if it is that then that would explane the non reaction i get when i try and shift with those gears.

Nova76
07-15-2008, 03:46 PM
sry i havent posted on here in so long everything has been at a stand still so far and i recently found out the other day someone stoll my gas and my gas cap so i bought a locking one and then i find out theres a knocking under my valve cover and its a broken spring so i replace that and come to find out whoever stole my gas put ****ing water in my tank to make up for it assholes if they were doing that to try top make the float go up there ****ing stupid they should have just put a note on my window saying they stole my gas so now i gotta drop my tank and clean it out its a ****ing pain in my ***

Nova76
08-09-2008, 01:21 AM
**** its been awhile since iv done anything to the nova but luckily i got a job at subway it kind of ***** because the early mornings but im getting paid 6.90hr for an easy a$$ job so im cool with that.

but anyways i just ordered a 4" cowl pin on hood since it was on sale for 299 and usualy is priced at 480 so it was a hell of a deal the only problem is i dont get paid till next monday but idk how long they gonna have it on sale for so i just had to borrow the money till then but it aint that big of a deal i can live with that.

hopfully once i get paid i will still have some money left over to save for my transmission rebuild and then i can start on my audio work for her.

skeptikal
08-12-2008, 11:35 AM
Nice ride,

My brother is overhauling his '72 nova. It's primer gray, with 2 big black racing stripes in the middle. The 406 is being replaced with a 383 stroker :). Love the nova's

Nova76
08-17-2008, 04:38 PM
thanks man, that sounds like its ganna be a hell of a ride when he gets done with it.