PDA

View Full Version : Using rear preouts for subs??

2002XLT
04-27-2008, 03:40 PM
I just wanted to make sure that if a headunit doesnt come with a sub preout, is it ok to use the rear preout for your sub amp? Im pretty sure thats what you normally do for decks without sub outs, but double checking my info. Thanks.

dman4486
04-27-2008, 03:40 PM
I just wanted to make sure that if a headunit doesnt come with a sub preout, is it ok to use the rear preout for your sub amp? Im pretty sure thats what you normally do for decks without sub outs, but double checking my info. Thanks.

it will work fine

mapolley07
04-27-2008, 03:41 PM
most head units without a subwoofer pre-out have an option to change the rears to a sub output. check the head unit manual to see what it says

2002XLT
04-27-2008, 03:42 PM
it will work fine

Thanks

most head units without a subwoofer pre-out have an option to change the rears to a sub output. check the head unit manual to see what it says

Will do.

2002XLT
04-27-2008, 03:47 PM

ok so it seems that you are right except that it says the front preouts is switcheable to sub outs, but would i then use the rear preout for my fronts? Would it understand the difference in signals and my rear would become my fronts or what?

mapolley07
04-27-2008, 11:57 PM
ok so it seems that you are right except that it says the front preouts is switcheable to sub outs, but would i then use the rear preout for my fronts? Would it understand the difference in signals and my rear would become my fronts or what?

****, you stumped me there....never heard of that. i don't know what to tell ya on that one

kbkid
04-28-2008, 12:24 AM
What model is it?

revrider1
04-28-2008, 12:28 AM
I like using HU with Sub Preouts cause most units have the option to cut the sub off from the deck itself...

Side Show
04-28-2008, 04:46 AM
yes old old old model pioneer decks have the feature on the front pre-outs
run your fronts from the rear pre-out and with the deck off, press the audio button and hold it, then it comes up with another menu, change the output from full to sub.