PDA

View Full Version : Alpine CDA-9856, Ipod Adapter, Help...

oPEEPINGTOMo
04-26-2008, 08:05 PM
This is either similar or the exact model HU i have for my car

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-zMHh4KTRR6i/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?I=500CDA9856

I installed the ipod interface cable few months back, everything has worked smoothly since.

There is just one thing I've yet to figure out how to do, and cannot find it in the manual or online.

When browsing music from the HU, i cannot select a single song. The manual says you can search by Artist, Album, or Song, however, when i go into the search modes and select by song, once i get to the song that i want, i cannot figure out how to select it, ive tried just about every button on the HU trying to figure this out.

Does anyone know how to do this or have any information on it, it makes no sense and makes getting to a particular song annoying, because i have to go by artist, then album... then select the album and forward song by song waiting for the song name to be displayed before i know what it is. Versus if it would work i would see the song name right off the bat and just select it.

oPEEPINGTOMo
04-27-2008, 04:40 AM
Anyone have any idea?

redrocket
04-27-2008, 06:25 PM
I had the same problem trying to figure it out. You want to hit the Mode button directly underneath the volume knob to select the song. Hope that helps.

oPEEPINGTOMo
04-27-2008, 08:50 PM
Hrmm, thought i tried that, maybe i didnt... thanks ill be sure to give it a try later this evening.