PDA

View Full Version : Treo 10" ssi Help

skeleto
04-26-2008, 05:59 AM
I want to build a ported box for this sub. the manual specs say it should be 1.25cuft tuned at 27Hz. I came across the moes designs boxes, there is one for 1.25cuft tuned at 32hz. does anyone know how to modify it? or can someone help me out w designing one? I have had quite a bit of experience with installing before but this will be my first box build.

Decado2
04-26-2008, 06:12 AM
There are plenty of designers on here that can get you a good design. I went with IonSQL to design my Fisher Custom box.

Chris is really good with designs, try pm'ing him, he is very active on the forums so it shouldnt be to long before you get a response.

savagebee
04-26-2008, 06:41 AM
I want to build a ported box for this sub. the manual specs say it should be 1.25cuft tuned at 27Hz. I came across the moes designs boxes, there is one for 1.25cuft tuned at 32hz. does anyone know how to modify it? or can someone help me out w designing one? I have had quite a bit of experience with installing before but this will be my first box build.

the 32 hertz would be fine as well, just depends on your taste
27 is pretty **** low tuning
its not a bad thing, but its likely you wouldn't notice a big difference

skeleto
04-26-2008, 07:05 AM
i think ill build that box then. one more question.. ive never had a ported box before, does it matter where the port fire towards? ie. it i face it forward towards the back of the seat? or does it have to be fired into the rear? and what if i had the sub facing the forward and the port facing the rear?

savagebee
04-26-2008, 07:08 AM
i think ill build that box then. one more question.. ive never had a ported box before, does it matter where the port fire towards? ie. it i face it forward towards the back of the seat? or does it have to be fired into the rear? and what if i had the sub facing the forward and the port facing the rear?

its different for every car, just play around with it

tcguy85
04-28-2008, 12:39 AM
when i called treo when i had my ssi ten they told me to put it in 1.75 net tuned to 35hz with 20 sq inches of port. it ****** though. i hated it. deff go smaller and lower.