PDA

View Full Version : ****!

Alpine CDA-9815
04-25-2008, 10:10 PM
If it's not one thing, it's another! Finally got the drivetrain and nitrous fixed, now this BS.

Alright, so I get in the car, start it up *beep beep* "check oil". I'm like WTF? Let the car warm up some, turn it off, get out, check the oil and it's fine. I'm like ok? So I start the car up *beep beep* "check oil", pull it out of the garage, turn it off, check the oil again... it's fine. So I go inside, get a drink, come back out and start the car again. No more *beep beep* "check oil", I'm like YAY! I let the car run *tick TICK tick TICK tick TICK TICK! TICK! TICK!*, the valvetrain is twice as loud as normal so I shut the car off. 400HP/TQ factory car and it does not have a f-ing oil pressure guage! Now I gotta find out where I can hook one up. Hopefully it's just the pump.

I'm so pissed. It wouldn't be an issue but work is SLOOOW right now (like I work once a day ever week or two), what a great time for this to happen.

AND I JUST FILLED IT WITH GAS!!! :( lol

97gp
04-25-2008, 10:15 PM
Dood you got naws?

Alpine CDA-9815
04-25-2008, 10:15 PM
Dood you got naws?
Not even funny right now...

Lingerfelt
04-25-2008, 10:24 PM
Dood you got naws?

Looks like 150 hit... :laugh:

Hope you get it worked out man.

Alpine CDA-9815
04-25-2008, 10:27 PM
Looks like 150 hit... :laugh:

Hope you get it worked out man.
If so, the car will sit for a long time and I'll just have to buy my bud's 89 POS to drive for now.

DaGh0st
04-25-2008, 10:29 PM
that *****....

Lingerfelt
04-25-2008, 10:32 PM
If so, the car will sit for a long time and I'll just have to buy my bud's 89 POS to drive for now.

I was reffering to your 150 shot nitrous, I once heard "100 shot" referred to as "100 hit". Assuming you thought I was referring to something else. Which I probably make no sense right now, drunk ftw. :confused:

Either way, hope you aren't stuck in an '89 POS when you should be driving an LS2. :)

97gp
04-25-2008, 10:33 PM
Not even funny right now...

What, I wasn't trying to be funny but make sure you don't fry the piston rings.

MyFartsStink
04-25-2008, 10:46 PM
If it's not one thing, it's another! Finally got the drivetrain and nitrous fixed, now this BS.

Alright, so I get in the car, start it up *beep beep* "check oil". I'm like WTF? Let the car warm up some, turn it off, get out, check the oil and it's fine. I'm like ok? So I start the car up *beep beep* "check oil", pull it out of the garage, turn it off, check the oil again... it's fine. So I go inside, get a drink, come back out and start the car again. No more *beep beep* "check oil", I'm like YAY! I let the car run *tick TICK tick TICK tick TICK TICK! TICK! TICK!*, the valvetrain is twice as loud as normal so I shut the car off. 400HP/TQ factory car and it does not have a f-ing oil pressure guage! Now I gotta find out where I can hook one up. Hopefully it's just the pump.

I'm so pissed. It wouldn't be an issue but work is SLOOOW right now (like I work once a day ever week or two), what a great time for this to happen.

AND I JUST FILLED IT WITH GAS!!! :( lol

wat

Alpine CDA-9815
04-25-2008, 11:26 PM
I was reffering to your 150 shot nitrous, I once heard "100 shot" referred to as "100 hit". Assuming you thought I was referring to something else. Which I probably make no sense right now, drunk ftw. :confused:

Either way, hope you aren't stuck in an '89 POS when you should be driving an LS2. :)
Yes I know what you meant, I did spray it once yesterday. it was fine thoughout the rest of the day though, you would think if the juice was the cause of it it would have happened as during or right after.

wat
I got laid off like a month ago, I got some money put away. No one is hiring for jack crap here in Az right now, so I work for my uncle once a week or so when he has work for me.

Ferendon
05-04-2008, 01:30 AM
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o225/msenewton/Funny%20Cats/mechanic.jpg

forsrslytho, oil pressure isn't were it should be, apparently. The gauge is a very good idea... Electric or mechanical oil pump?

Alpine CDA-9815
05-04-2008, 05:35 AM
Well on Tues my bud that has been working at a Ford dealership for years wanted to hear my car. So he came over, I put oil in it, started it up and it sounded like poop for 10 seconds or so. After that the noise just stopped, the car sounded fine. We were both like WTF?

After that we took it for a drive around the block, it ran fine. So today I took it over to Sean's shop, he has a snap on scan tool so we hooked it up. He was able to read pretty much everything, it pulled a code for an O2 sensor for just a slight second. After that we checked the oil pressure, 38 @ idle.

So now we are like... whatever just drive it around for a week and see what happens. I'm not too happy driving it right now but what else can I do? I'm not gonna spend $$$ on parts and do all the work to replace them trying to trouble shoot what is wrong. Parts are not cheap and just to replace the oil pump it's almost as bad as a cam swap.

My guess is this. Either the o-ring on the oil pump is f-ed up, or it's a stuck lifter that got unstuck. Either way as I said, the oil pump is pretty much doing a cam swap. To check the lifters I have to pull the heads. There is no way it's a bad rocker, there were no needle bearings in the oil. It is for sure not something in the bottom end of the motor, it would be knocking like a mofo and it's not... it's for sure a valve train noise. So I'll drive it for a week and when I can get some buds to help me we'll pull off the valve covers, maybe pull the heads and see what's up. I still want to replace the oil pump with a ported one just cuz it would be a good idea with having a decently modded car like I have.