PDA

View Full Version : IB 8" Review: Cmass SS82, DLS OA8, Assassin, HX2, CVR

nismos14
04-25-2008, 08:38 PM
DLS OA8:
These were the first woofers I tried IB. I loved them. Output was moderate, but sq was phenomenal. They blended well and had a natural sound to them. Build quality was just amazing. One of the had an issue so I couldn't put full power to them, but I have a feeling if I had been able to they would have been even better in the way of output. I hve since sold them and the new owner still loves them IB in his 6th gen Maxima http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif.

SQ: 10
Power handling: 7
LFE: 8
Output: 7
Build Quality: 10
Total: 42 + 1 or 2 for power handling

AA Assassins:
I wanted more output, I go these, and I got it. They sounded nice, not as sq oriented as the OA8's but they could hold their own. They played low, and NEEDED more power than what I had on them (80x2). Even with low power though, they sounded mean, and put a hurting on my rear deck.

SQ: 7
Power handling: 10
LFE: 10
Output: 9
Build Quality: 8
Total: 44

C-MASS SS82:
This was my favorite sub used IB so far. I had a dedicated amp on it, Arc 2500xxk, the subs are rated at 500 rms, they took 550 a piece easy. They sounded awesome doing it as well. Great power handling, great low frequency extension, amazing sq.

SQ: 9
Power handling: 10
LFE: 9
Output: 9
Total: 47

Rockford Fosgate HX2:
Unfortunately these were somewhat of a bust, LFE was lack, they did not perform well at all IB. They did good on some rock and metal, but not much with deep bass. They just could not handle power that well IB.

Power handling: 7
LFE: 7
Output: 7
Total: 38

Kicker CVR:
These to me were the surprise of the bunch. Kicker makes subs to do their job. Shake things up. These aren't meant to be run IB, but boy they sounded nice in terms of output doing it. Sq was reasonable but output was GREAT even under low power situations.

Power handling: 8
LFE: 10
Output: 8
Build Quality: 9
Total: 42