PDA

View Full Version : Enclosure opinions/help

David12460
04-25-2008, 05:25 PM
I recently purchased a 12'' FI SSD with the copper coil option for my 03 S-10 ext cab. I plan on throwing the recommended RMS or more at it.

I am now struggling to figure out what type of enclosure to build for it. I have read good things about sealed and ported for this subwoofer. My goal is to have a good sounding setup that has the potential to be loud if I felt the need.

I want to build a ported enclosure but am afraid of port noise seeing the enclosure is in the cab with me. I can build a sealed enclosure also pending peoples thoughts on this.

If anyone with knowledge on designing enclosures has a minute to get the dimensions for a ported enclosure for me that would be great. finding the volume and tuning frequency is all I know what to look for when designing a box. I know there is a lot more to do with it.

The room I would like to give up:

3/4'' MDF

Length- no more then 28''
Height- no more then 20''
width- no more then 16''

I would prefer to build a slot ported box.

I appreciate the help. I looked around as much as I could but could not find any plans for the SSD that fit my space requirements

David12460
04-27-2008, 11:28 AM
bump?

mlstrass
04-27-2008, 01:07 PM
Port noise would only be an issue if the box was underported. 12^2 per cube should be fine, or use aero's...

psych0ticnemes1
04-28-2008, 12:53 PM
PM me and I'll help you out. Like stated above, port noise is only a factor if the port width (area) is too small. A properly built enclosure will eliminate port noise.