PDA

View Full Version : Question for Alpine iDA-X100 owners

phrarod
04-23-2008, 10:43 PM
I'm ready to get one of these mainly because of the iPod integration. I know its lacks EQ and have finally come to terms with that. Now I hear the radio is a nightmare.

Is it true the radio section gets horrible reception?

Also are presets a nightmare to access without multiple functions and starting at the screen? Sounds like an accident waiting to happen.

Appreciate the feedback. I want to know what I'm getting into.

XXVANN
04-24-2008, 12:19 AM
I'm ready to get one of these mainly because of the iPod integration. I know its lacks EQ and have finally come to terms with that. Now I hear the radio is a nightmare.

Is it true the radio section gets horrible reception?

Also are presets a nightmare to access without multiple functions and starting at the screen? Sounds like an accident waiting to happen.

Appreciate the feedback. I want to know what I'm getting into.

#1 the deck does lack an EQ out of the gate, but if you add the PXA-H100 Imprint module, you get total control.

#2 I don't know about radio, I either listen to music from my hard drive/memory stick, or Sirius.

#3 The presets are always only one button click away. You press the Preset button (lower right) and then use the dial to scroll thru your presets. It would be nice if you could name those presets, however its no different than 1 thru 6 on other head units.

phrarod
04-24-2008, 12:39 AM
#3 - Does it really take you attention away from the road to find a station?

Without the addon EQ how is the SQ?

palmfish
04-24-2008, 03:10 AM
#3 - Does it really take you attention away from the road to find a station?

Without the addon EQ how is the SQ?

3. It's three movements (press button, turn knob, press button) instead of just one on other head units. Not a big deal, but it does require more than a glance.

It has basic tone controls - Bass, Treble, and a "Loudness" on/off setting. You can also set the Bass and Treble control 'center' frequencies and the width of that control on either side of 'center'. As for SQ - too many other variables to say what it will sound like in your car. My X100 replaced an Alpine CDA-7940 and, after tweaking the tone controls to my liking, they sound the same to me.

You might want to read the owner's manual. It should answer all of your questions...

http://support.alpine-usa.com/products/documents/OM_IDA-X100.PDF

phrarod
04-24-2008, 11:34 AM
Thanks Palmfish.

I downloaded and looked at the manual. Just wondered what real world experience people had with it. Appreciate the feedback.