PDA

View Full Version : Port opening and rear trunk wall distance.

tez4life
04-23-2008, 10:32 PM
If I were doing a CRX style box in the trunk of my car, how close could I position the port before it became a issue with output? Is there a general rule that applies?

IDSkoT
04-23-2008, 10:34 PM
People generally like to keep it at 10" or more... but it really doesn't matter from what I've seen. I've seen people with the box so close to the closing it's amazing that the sub is able to reach it's xmax :fyi:

maldecido33
04-23-2008, 10:44 PM
Mathematically, you just need to keep your port a distance greater than the width of the port away from the window. If it's any closer your sub will "think" that the window is just an extension of your port and it will raise your tuning frequency.

themommyvan
04-23-2008, 10:46 PM
Mathematically, you just need to keep your port a distance greater than the width of the port away from the window. If it's any closer your sub will "think" that the window is just an extension of your port and it will raise your tuning frequency.

X2

tez4life
04-24-2008, 08:43 PM
People generally like to keep it at 10" or more... but it really doesn't matter from what I've seen. I've seen people with the box so close to the closing it's amazing that the sub is able to reach it's xmax :fyi:

X2

Thats what I figured. I could either fire the woofers up or toward the rear, but I was planning on firing my port toward the rear regardless. I may have to break that rule by a inch or two to matain proper airspace inside my enclosure.

Thanks alot for the info guys!:)

MikeyB
04-24-2008, 08:58 PM

X2

x3