PDA

View Full Version : Good 5x7/6x8 comps

cccullen
04-15-2008, 09:11 PM
I currently have DLS 5.25 comps in the front of my '01 Expedition (not iridium) and DLS coax 5.25's in the rear. I'm not happy with the mid bass so I want to put my DLS comps in the rear and find some 5x7/6x8's component speakers for the front.

I need your help on what i should get, i was looking at the Infinity KAPPA but I heard the mid bass isn't that good and the highs are too much. I don't want to spend $400 for comps so what do you guys suggest? I'll be using an eD NINE.4 to power them and I would like to find some 2ohm comps so i put 100watts to them.

Again, any help would be appreciated.

Edit: I'm using a NINe.1 and 2 13Ov.2's if that helps any..

cccullen
04-15-2008, 10:22 PM
Just realized that i could put 6.5 component speakers in using an adapter. If thats the case then i could go with 6.5's but what mounting depth would fit and what wouldn't?

mikey7182
04-15-2008, 10:26 PM
I think you'll have to measure that and find out. I had an '05 F-150 with plenty of room in the front doors, but that is a different style than yours. There are plenty of 6.5" components that aren't very deep... find out the mounting depth of the DLS you have, and try to stick around there, and you should be fine. ;) For what it's worth, if you want, I have a set of Pioneer REV 6x8s I have no use for, if you wanted to put those in the back. Would probably give you a little better sound than a 5.25" mid back there. $50 shipped and they're yours... but not to the Philippines :D

cccullen
04-15-2008, 10:34 PM
LOL. I also have a house in California, that's where i have everything shipped and then i just ship it out here after that. I guess i should just take your advice and do a measurement first.