PDA

View Full Version : Looking for the right tweeters

01 S 10
04-15-2008, 11:58 AM
I am looking for tweeters to work with my PG RSD crossovers. I want them to be flush mounted like the original RSD tweets and approx. 2" in diameter when mounted.

Anyone have any suggestions?

tcguy85
04-15-2008, 06:34 PM
seas neo's from madisound. here is a link: http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=633

they get rave reviews over on diymobileaudio.com. if my rsd tweets ever die i'll be gettin a set. do a search over there on that forum for all the info on them.

krayzie07
04-15-2008, 07:22 PM
im also looking out for a new tweeter.. since my left RSD tweeter just blew.. so i think im gonna get the one you just listed above to replace it.

although, jus to make sure.. will it be alrite placing that in the Rsd's Passive crossover?

tcguy85
04-15-2008, 07:29 PM
they will work with the rsd passives (any tweeter will). but will it be optimal? nope. but the rsd tweets are 4ohm, and so are those so the crossover points will remain the same.

optimal would be to run active and set the crossovers and slopes where they work best in your vehicle. might take months to figure out but in the end it will sound better.

also: how the hell are people blowing the rsd tweets so often? i am probably the person pushing the most power to this set and i have no problems. i don't know anybody else pushing 200 to each mid and 100 to each tweeter. and i have the tweeters crossed pretty low as well(2.5k).

krayzie07
04-15-2008, 07:53 PM
thanks for tha quick answer and a good explanation on that. im gonna go right ahead and purchase one.

and with my tweeter problem goin out i dun even know how it blew or stopped playin.. i only had the right side powered up by a 300x2 amp (forgot to turn up the other input gain knob to power the left side)..

so it was just yesterday i noticed the left tweet wasnt playing sound, But within this week there was a couple times where i went high on volume and the music jus stops (headunit and amp were still on ) and plus i had loudness on - so im guessin that coulda done somethin that must of affected the tweet, but im not sure on it- gonna recheck things though and redo the gains.

tcguy85
04-15-2008, 07:57 PM
thanks for tha quick answer and a good explanation on that. im gonna go right ahead and purchase one.

and with my tweeter problem goin out i dun even know how it blew or stopped playin.. i only had the right side powered up by a 300x2 amp (forgot to turn up the other input gain knob to power the left side)..

so it was just yesterday i noticed the left tweet wasnt playing sound, But within this week there was a couple times where i went high on volume and the music jus stops (headunit and amp were still on ) and plus i had loudness on - so im guessin that coulda done somethin that must of affected the tweet, but im not sure on it- gonna recheck things though and redo the gains.

you're gonna replace just the one? you need to replace both. both need to match.

i'd test the tweeter, maybe it really didn't blow. test it with a DMM, see what it reads across the coil.

krayzie07
04-15-2008, 08:06 PM
yeah im all new with this, didnt know about the tweeters needing to match. but ill try the DMM thing this week and test the tweeter out. hopefuly it responds.

tcguy85
04-15-2008, 08:40 PM
yeah im all new with this, didnt know about the tweeters needing to match. but ill try the DMM thing this week and test the tweeter out. hopefuly it responds.

yea, definitely test it somehow.

if you do need a new tweeter either replace it with another rsd tweeter or replace both. if you have two different tweeters they will not sound the same at all. for one thing the seas neo tweeter i linked you to is an aluminum tweeter, the rsd tweets are silk. so they def won't sound the same at all.

krayzie07
04-15-2008, 09:40 PM
ya a did a lil test..jus noticed the tweeter is hissing out distortion or static noise (now that its bein powered by the amp), & can smell some smoke.. i guess its not gonna be working again, so ill wait n see if i can gett another rsd tweeter to save from spending to much on a newer pair.

or i might use the soft dome tweeters that came in with the Cadence comps if thatll workout alright.

tcguy85
04-15-2008, 09:44 PM
as long as they match. don't use two different tweeters though, thats all.