PDA

View Full Version : Hard starts on my 91 Acura Integra

montx
04-13-2008, 10:59 PM
Because I don't feel like retyping the whole ordeal, here is a PM I sent someone:

" I've been here on the forums for quite some time but I've never really spoken to you before this as there was no real reason :P I know you deal with tuning, and you do it well, so I thought I'd send you a PM asking for some advice about my current situation.

For the longest time now I've had this weird problem whenever I start the car. My vehicle is a 91 Acura Integra ( a lot of same stuff engine wise ). My starts are really sloppy. When I start my car it either has a really slow start and it seems it has to struggle to get to the cold idle RPM. Other times it'll start relatively smoother but the engine still misses. Now keep in mind the only time I see a real big problem with the engine's performance is when it starts. Although I have noticed that when I drive right after starting it sometimes it'll randomly bog down heavily. Or, if the problem happens when Im idling, the rpms will drop and raise 100 or so, then the engine shoots up to 1500 RPMS and drops to normal 800 and no more problems occur.

On other occasions A CEL will come up w/ code 43 - fuel delivery system. In terms of maintenance, in the half year I've had it I've replaced the Timing belt, water pump, spark plugs, wires, dist. cap, rotor, and the ICM. I've also replaced the VC gasket and the fuel filter.

On another note, when I did the ign. timing after changing the belt, I got it spot on ( it's supposed to be on the black like on the pulley, IIRC ) but I forgot to jump the service connecter. How will this impact the performance?

Also, the car gets MUCH better MPG if I use premium, when it's only required to use regular.

On regular I get around 20, with premium ( 91 ) I get 30! lol Do you have any advice as to what may be wrong? I have no clue.

PLEASE, please help

Steven "

Any help would be appreciated... This problem is just bugging the **** out of me, honestly! Today as I went to start the car, it would just rotate but wouldn't turn over. Only after I mashed on the gas and then it started...

thaster
04-14-2008, 12:03 PM
go to www.team-integra.net and search or ask there. its the best site to learn a great deal about our integras.

ThatChevyGuy
04-14-2008, 12:08 PM
my car had the same symptoms and it was the sensor on the intake. MAF i believe.

montx
04-14-2008, 09:37 PM
Meh I searched there and am an active member on both team-integra and g2ic.com ;)

Integras don't have MAFs, but thanks for the help :)

onyxaltezza
04-29-2008, 07:52 PM
Have you checked the grounds on your car? I had this issue with my MR2 turbo not too long ago and it was a combination of bad grounds, and it was after hard rain so I had water in my spark plug wells...

-Aaron

yunvme666
04-29-2008, 08:40 PM
i almost wanna say the iac valve might be sticking, one i sold was doin that.......

Weeznur32
04-29-2008, 08:47 PM
i have a 91 acura legend and have the same problem. Sometimes my idle rpm's will rise and lower right after i start it. Ghetto

silvercookie
04-29-2008, 08:48 PM
could also be that it is 16 years old.

Ferendon
05-04-2008, 01:25 AM
I'd call it timing or IACV. More than likely, you're a tooth retarded on your timing. That would explain the need for premium, and the cold idle miss.