PDA

View Full Version : Help with hatch enclosure

TibbywithBass
04-13-2008, 07:14 PM
Well this is my first system in this car and I want it to be able to compete in SPL. I have 1 Fi 18 btl and 1 sundown Saz 3000d. I have never made a box in a hatch before so I'm lost on what will hit the best numbers. The max dimensions of the trunk are 36w, 34L, and 18H. When I asked around people said MDF boxes were best for SPL but I'm not against building a fiberglass one (but ill have to convince my friend to help lol). Well Thanks for any help you guys can give.

iDesignBoxes
04-13-2008, 07:32 PM
Well this is my first system in this car and I want it to be able to compete in SPL. I have 1 Fi 18 btl and 1 sundown Saz 3000d. I have never made a box in a hatch before so I'm lost on what will hit the best numbers. The max dimensions of the trunk are 36w, 34L, and 18H. When I asked around people said MDF boxes were best for SPL but I'm not against building a fiberglass one (but ill have to convince my friend to help lol). Well Thanks for any help you guys can give.

Every car is different so it is impossible to say what will do the best, but your best bet is to find the peak frequency of your vehicle and build a box tuned to that frequency. If you'd like I could design you a box for a small fee.

TibbywithBass
04-13-2008, 10:45 PM
Sounds good... how much are we talking about for the design? Also is the box gonna be a fiberglass or MDF. Regardless really need a box... this stuff is just sitting on the floor staring at me. Thanks

BuckyBoy
04-13-2008, 10:50 PM
Just need the design or you need the box built as well? Either way, shoot me a PM and I can help you out.
From what I have read, sub up and port back is recommended in hatchbacks.