PDA

View Full Version : anyone heard the eclipse point source coax's?

jeffry1970
04-12-2008, 10:12 PM
impressions?anyone have any experience with them?

http://www.eclipse-web.com/point/sp6910_6510.html

6spdcoupe
04-13-2008, 06:24 PM
Quite a bit of experience with them and theyre quite good. Functionality will please most when combined with the cost and ease of install.

reed dollaz
04-13-2008, 06:26 PM
The point source series are some of the best coax you can get IMO. But, im also an eclipse fanboy :) Just about anything eclipse will sound great

UCF52
04-13-2008, 07:41 PM
I haven't listened to their new coaxials, but I thought the previous year models were a bit on the harsh side. I am also a big Eclipse fan... getting ready to order the 7200 mkII!

jeffry1970
04-14-2008, 09:53 PM
thanks for the input guys im gonna check them out..
do they use a external crossover?it doesnt specify on the site.

406er
04-15-2008, 12:08 AM
yeah, they sorta have little cross overs. and ive installed quite a few in my day, for the price they can not be beat for a convertable speaker

SleeperRam
04-06-2009, 09:43 AM
After being out of car audio for nearly 13 years, I joined this forum to research a few components I was considering…to include amps, subs, mids/highs, and a HU. Wow, a lot has changed in those 13 years! After listening to several brands of door speakers (some really high-end brands too) I settled on the Eclipse Integrated Series 6X9s and 5.25s. Luckily for me (in hindsight) the shop didn’t have them in stock, so I went on my way. I little more research took me to the Point source Series, with which I ended up purchasing from a popular on-line retailer. These were supposed to be a higher quality speaker than the integrated Series; however, I was a bit nervous about buying them without actually listening to them and finding very little reviews. I was able to get the Point Source Series cheaper than my local dealer wanted for the integrated series, so I made the plunge. After finally getting them installed yesterday, I am VERY pleased with these speakers. They sound crisp and clean, just the way I like it. They sounded really good even without a sub, so I knew they were going to sound that much better once I hooked the subs up. Anyway, I Just thought I would share this review with everyone who is looking at these speakers since there were very little reviews on them, which again made me a little nervous about buying them.