PDA

View Full Version : best sq comps for 300$ new or used?

pinoywitboom
04-12-2008, 10:23 AM
was hoping to get as much intel as possible for the best sq comps i could get with 300$. keep in mind it can be bnib or used also this is only bout the max i would spend on a set if there is better comps had for less shoot em at me. also these comps will be powered by an sax 100.2:cool:

CrossFired
04-12-2008, 02:06 PM
I got my Pioneer PRS 720's of Ebay for $225. They are by far the best SQ two ways I've ever owned.

Much better than my Boston Pro's And my friend said they sound better than his DLS Ultimate Nobelium 6.2's(he's pissed!). But he did say the DLS will give better SPL.

Platinumxpimp
04-12-2008, 10:40 PM
you can maybe find some hertz hsk's for around that price.awesome speakers.

ChedNompton
04-13-2008, 08:15 PM
was hoping to get as much intel as possible for the best sq comps i could get with 300$. keep in mind it can be bnib or used also this is only bout the max i would spend on a set if there is better comps had for less shoot em at me. also these comps will be powered by an sax 100.2:cool:

Are your doors already deadened/treated? If they are, I suggest the Pioneer 720 Prs set, they have excellent mid-bass/midrange. Only complaint about the set is the tweeter, a tad on the harsh side, has kind of a ringing sound on the some frequencies (I'm guessing in the 2khz-3khz range), and the grill protecting the the tweet is cheap.

If your doors aren't deadened, I'd suggest spending somewhere around the $100 mark on sound deadening for the doors (including Ensolite and other items) and then spend the remaining on a set of components (maybe the PG RSD?). If I where you I'd save up a little more cash and still get the 720 PRS set and deaden the doors.

Link on what you need to do to your doors: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95925

Good luck,
Larson

tcguy85
04-14-2008, 01:17 AM
whatever you get, make sure to deaden the doors first. you will still lack mid-bass and have tons of rattles and resonance issues if you throw a high powered set of speakers in stock non-treated doors. i think deadening can be just as important (maybe more) than picking the right set of speakers.

just remember that in the end, it's all in the install. :)

audiobahnuser18
04-14-2008, 01:22 AM
ygpm man

snb778
04-14-2008, 01:23 AM
does adding deadner to your doors add any volume, and not just midbass?

tcguy85
04-14-2008, 01:24 AM
does adding deadner to your doors add any volume, and not just midbass?

it'll add and clean up your mid-bass and lower mid-range. it won't make your upper mid-range or highs sound any different.

Side Show
04-14-2008, 01:24 AM
I'm nota fan at all on the new tsc171prs range (too harsh for myself) i'd go for some diamonds