PDA

View Full Version : CDT CL-61 Question.

MaDroX420
05-09-2003, 03:43 PM
Anyone heard these, also I cant find Specs on these anywhere can someone help?

ss3079
05-09-2003, 04:00 PM
SALE: http://thezeb.com/caraudio/CDT_Audio_Components.html

SPECS: http://www.cdtaudio.com/classic2000MidDriv.htm

- Steve

MaDroX420
05-09-2003, 05:19 PM
Are these IYO better than the infinity Kappas?
Also where is the best place to mount the tweets in a single cab truck.

ss3079
05-09-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by MaDroX420

If at all possible, listen to both sets before making a decision. Everyone is different, and opinions vary.

In my opinion, I liked the CDT's better...Infinity needs to work on their midbass a little bit ( especailly on the Perfect series ). That is just my opinion though, and shouldnt persuade your decision.

- Steve

MaDroX420
05-09-2003, 05:28 PM

Didnt know if you saw that in the above post I edited it.

ngsm13
05-09-2003, 05:47 PM

i was having the same dilemma. Whether to get the kappa's or the CDT and i decided to go with the cdt's...i personally can't listen to either around here b/c no1 carries them. BUT, i've taken numerous opinions from other people...and decided to go with the CDT's. PLUS, at that price...y the hell not? lol, peace

NG

Tungsten
05-09-2003, 06:36 PM
I just ordered my CDTs. :D

ss3079
05-09-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Tungsten

As did my wife;)

In the kick panels with the midbass or in the door...or in the A pillar...depends on what you like...play around with the different locations and see what you like.

- Steve

fv04as
05-11-2003, 03:20 AM
how would the cdts compare to say the kodas?

MaDroX420
05-11-2003, 03:26 AM
A pillar?

Tungsten
05-11-2003, 01:36 PM
A pillar?

*sigh* The pillar that supports the roof and your windshield. That is the A-pillar on a car. The B-pillar is the one that bisects the front door from the rear passenger door -or- the glass on some older models. The C-pillar is the one that supports the roof and the rear glass.

Tungsten
05-12-2003, 09:39 PM
Just got my shipping notification from The Zeb... my CL-61a component set will be here Wednesday! :D

fv04as
05-13-2003, 01:18 AM
im ordering mine tomorrow! Lets just hope they have some left.

Tungsten
05-13-2003, 04:09 PM
When I spoke to the guys at TheZeb (called them) they seemed to indicate that they had a good stock of the CL-61a speakers on hand. Still, I didn't drag my feet on ordering simply because the price was too good to risk missing out on. :)

Just checked the UPS tracking number. Mine are sitting in a town about 1 hour's drive from here. But they won't be here until tomorrow. :(

ngsm13
05-14-2003, 12:40 AM
Just checked the UPS tracking number.

how'd u check that...i ordered mine friday night...lemme know if u can. peace

NG

fv04as
05-14-2003, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by ngsm13

NG

the zeb should send you a tracking number through email, just go to www.ups.com, go to tracking and type in the number they gave you.

Hubie
05-14-2003, 02:47 PM
Hi, I'm having a hard time deciding between these(CDT CL-61) and the Focal 165A and the Focal 165V for about $40 more. I'm looking for more midbass/midrange than anything else. I usually don't have a problem with hearing the highs since the stock location of the tweeter is in the pillar. I usually listen to trance and house music but occasionally hip-hop. Thanks.

I'm going to have them running off a Soundstream 405s amp.

BTW I've never heard any of these before but have heard the Focal Coaxials and the MB Quart Coaxials and definately like the Focal a lot better. This should give you a frame of reference of what I'm looking for.

Tungsten
05-14-2003, 03:06 PM

NG

They email you the tracking # and a quick link to the UPS tracking system once they ship.

Tungsten
05-15-2003, 06:29 PM
So... would you think anyone would bother a box that looked like this sitting on your porch while you were at work? :rolleyes:

http://www.tennesspeed.net/members/tungsten/misc/cdtbox.jpg

It is a good thing that I (a.) live in a good neighborhood and (b.) get home from work fairly early in the afternoon. The Zeb just shipped it right in a big ole CDT box for the whole world to know what it was. Grrrrr.

Anyway, here's what was inside...

http://www.tennesspeed.net/members/tungsten/misc/cdt_cl61a_01.jpg

http://www.tennesspeed.net/members/tungsten/misc/cdt_cl61a_02.jpg

Can't wait to make some adapter plates (6x8 -to- 6.5) and install them in my car this weekend. :D

ngsm13
05-15-2003, 10:46 PM
and install them in my car this weekend. :D

yeah, same here...installed mine 2morrow! be a hell of a job. peace

NG

Tungsten
05-16-2003, 09:08 AM

NG

Looks like it will be Saturday for me. Let me know how you like them if you get around to installing today (Friday). :)

Tungsten
05-18-2003, 12:14 PM

NG

Did you get yours installed yet? I haven't. Been too busy with other projects around the house to actually get to it. Maybe today.

avistar23
05-18-2003, 12:17 PM
Did you get yours installed yet? I haven't. Been too busy with other projects around the house to actually get to it. Maybe today.

Yeah he put them in i dont know his opinion on them tho.

nick310
05-20-2003, 07:40 PM
where's the reviews??????? share you experience with the cl-61 =\
i have 2 component sets coming tomorrow =D but i won't get it installed till next weak but i'm anxious to hear what other people have to say about them

ngsm13
05-20-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by avistar23
Yeah he put them in i dont know his opinion on them tho.

i think they sound amazing! this is my first component set, and it is worlds better than what i had b4 (of course...5.25" sony coax 3 ways of my HU.) ANYWAY, imo they sound much better than any of the components i have heard at local shops around here...x-cept maybe the top of the line JL 3 way comps. I have been missing out on sooo much sound, the hi-hats, crashes, and all cymbals in my rock music are crystal clear...i never heard some of them before! (partially b/c stock speakers are at your feet) The mid is powerful, and contributes/matches well with the amazing tweeter! by far, the best component set in it's range...at the $150 discount price. If they still have them, i believe this set beats the infinity kappa's(which i listened to sunday at a shop, finally) This is a nica all around component set...and has adjustable tweeter levels in the crossover(-3db/0db/+3db) I still have some fine tuning to do, but i love them already. peace

NG

nswartley
05-20-2003, 08:55 PM

as did i for my friend :D coming on thrusday along with a usx2080

-nate

Tungsten
05-21-2003, 12:10 AM
I've had a lot of unexpected projects come up this week which have in turn kept me from doing jack **** with my CDT components. :( I hope to install them over the holiday weekend.