PDA

View Full Version : help with getting loud with pioneer 490ib

cdimic25
04-11-2008, 10:36 AM
have a 9515g and a opti2000d and with my 490ib I am just not getting loud at all. Is it safe to raise the sla to +4? Or the bass settings to +4? I want the real boomy bass and I just can't get it! My gain was set with dmm. Any tips with this headunit?

sorry I did this on a phone so my grammar is probly horrible.

craigzter
04-11-2008, 10:44 AM
first off I would set your sla setting to +2 and no higher. if you hold down the Audio button in the far top left hand corner for about 2 seconds your audio EQ will show up and you can adjust your eq as well in that menu. Your bass you should have it set no higher than +2 imo.

Also make sure you have your rcas plugged into the right outputs on the back of your receiver. You should have them plugged in to the bottom set of rca outputs.

Rookie_80
04-11-2008, 10:49 AM
first off I would set your sla setting to +2 and no higher. if you hold down the Audio button in the far top left hand corner for about 2 seconds your audio EQ will show up and you can adjust your eq as well in that menu. Your bass you should have it set no higher than +2 imo.

Also make sure you have your rcas plugged into the right outputs on the back of your receiver. You should have them plugged in to the bottom set of rca outputs.

Thats where i have my SLA at +2. (deh-p5800mp)
Now when u suggest him bass level at 2. Do u mean the low eq settings at +2?
or Sub settings at +2?

craigzter
04-11-2008, 10:50 AM
when I had my setup i kept my low no higher than +2 and had my bass booster on +1, sometimes just to bring out the bass in some songs. Now my LOUD option I always had it on high...

and when you go into the Audio EQ menu I always set them to..

500k - 1N
10k - 2N
??k - 1W

Rookie_80
04-11-2008, 10:54 AM
Now my LOUD option I always had it on high...

There you go.

My current settings are:

Low +2
Mid +2
High +2
SLA +2
Sub +2

LOUD: OFF
HPF: off
LPF: off

When i want more bass--i just go to sub level (Sw-2) and put it up to +5 (maximum is 6)

If i turn my Loud to High or even Mid -- it does get really loud no doubt but with lots of distortion as well.

craigzter
04-11-2008, 10:56 AM
There you go.

My current settings are:

Low +2
Mid +2
High +2
SLA +2
Sub +2

LOUD: OFF
HPF: off
LPF: off

When i want more bass--i just go to sub level (Sw-2) and put it up to +5 (maximum is 6)

If i turn my Loud to High or even Mid -- it does get really loud no doubt but with lots of distortion as well.

Never really had any probs with distortion with mine. I had my high set on +4 mid on +3 and low on +2

cdimic25
04-11-2008, 11:04 AM
what's the diff between where the RCA plug in is?

craigzter
04-11-2008, 11:06 AM
the bottom one are for your substage. And if iirc the middle and top two are for your front stage and L/R for the S-Video hookup.