PDA

View Full Version : 2 JL W3V3 box help

Roid_monkey
04-11-2008, 02:00 AM
Hi im new here and I just got 2 12 W3V3's, and am going to construct a ported box for them. My first q is is there any pros/cons of having 1 chamber and 1 port for them both, or seperate chambers/ separate ports? My second question is what should I tune them to. JL recomends 30 hz, but is this too low? I want a little more DB's, preferably) . And my final question is about sealing. Once the box is put together, how do I seal the inside of the port walls if they are like 1.5 inches wide, even the smallest and girliest of arms couldnt't fit in there to seal it. In case it matters, they are running off a Kicker zx750.1, and the external maximum dimensions are 34 wide x 14 tall x 18-22 deep.

Dingleberry
04-11-2008, 10:15 AM
The only thing bad about a common chamber is if one sub goes. The remaining one will have all the airspace to itself. You can check re audio's enclosure calculator, or moe lesters sticky for box size and tuning.

Don't sweat sealing up the port, as long as the main chamber is sealed up you'll be alright. Try tuning your box to 33hz, you can tune a little higher. But don't go overboard for a daily setup.

dman4486
04-11-2008, 10:39 AM
Hi im new here and I just got 2 12 W3V3's, and am going to construct a ported box for them. My first q is is there any pros/cons of having 1 chamber and 1 port for them both, or seperate chambers/ separate ports? My second question is what should I tune them to. JL recomends 30 hz, but is this too low? I want a little more DB's, preferably) . And my final question is about sealing. Once the box is put together, how do I seal the inside of the port walls if they are like 1.5 inches wide, even the smallest and girliest of arms couldnt't fit in there to seal it. In case it matters, they are running off a Kicker zx750.1, and the external maximum dimensions are 34 wide x 14 tall x 18-22 deep.

:laugh:

Roid_monkey
04-11-2008, 10:12 PM
so other than 1 sub blowing (in which case i'll have a lot more to worry about), there is no difference between a common chamber and port vrs. seperate?

Dingleberry
04-12-2008, 08:28 PM
Seperate chambers usually need a little more trunk space/cargo space. Other than that no difference.

Roid_monkey
04-13-2008, 03:50 AM
ok i decided on two separate chambers. Usin the RE calculator, I've got dimensions for 1.77 ft^3 (includin DD) tuned to 31.6 Hz. Will this be good? I'm looking for primary on SQ and hitting lows, but want any DB's I can get.

Telegon80
04-13-2008, 03:52 AM
Seperate chambers usually need a little more trunk space/cargo space. Other than that no difference.

if one sub is blown and the other one is working, the nonworking sub will act as a passive radiator.