PDA

View Full Version : Fist Time box Builder - Help needed.

5.0Gt-Neal
04-11-2008, 01:02 AM
Im looking to build a box for my 94 mustang.

My plan is to incorporate it into a rear seat delete like this one

http://i10.ebayimg.com/01/i/07/b1/f8/c6_1.JPG

First, i plan to just make this a sealed box.

Im not sure how to go about making the box, do you just use wood glue to put the pieces together?

Also is there anything special i should know?

Any tips suggestions?

Also are there any basic write ups besides the ones sticked here to look at?

Thank you

Neal

darkhunter139
04-11-2008, 01:07 AM
Well do you have the box plans? You need to make some box plans tuned for your sub/s

Also you use wood glue and screws to put it together.

Do you plan on cutting the wood yourself or getting home depot or someone to do it for you?

5.0Gt-Neal
04-11-2008, 01:09 AM
i will probably have home depot do it for me, can they do the sub cutouts as well? My tools and places to do the work are very limited. Will i need to buy some clamps as well?

I also do not have box plans

The subs are 2 10" alpine S's

Thank you

Neal

damonhargroves
04-11-2008, 01:10 AM
the mustang rear seat delete box is pretty complicated for a first time builder... the angles will probably frustrate you but you should be able to do it. do some research try google and you could probably find some box plans for your application, given its pretty common. i know a few people on this forum that have stangs that could probably help you. hopefully they will chime in. goodluck

darkhunter139
04-11-2008, 01:13 AM
i will probably have home depot do it for me, can they do the sub cutouts as well? My tools and places to do the work are very limited. Will i need to buy some clamps as well?

I also do not have box plans

The subs are 2 10" alpine S's

Thank you

Neal

I had to cut the sub cutout myself

It was not that hard for me but then I had a power circular saw