PDA

View Full Version : Official "Whos going to the May 3rd In Middleton MA DbDrag!!"

OoMesKoO
04-10-2008, 12:47 PM
Well....

Whos going? Its on Saturday, May 3rd in Middleton Mass. at Autosound on rte. 114. Everyone local should go. I would like to meet a few of you clowns on here! :D

OoMesKoO
04-10-2008, 02:23 PM
I guess nobody?

97cavy
04-10-2008, 03:31 PM
im gonna try to be there, all depends on $

CRXBMPN
04-10-2008, 03:35 PM
so is it a show or just get together? any TL's there?

jdc753
04-10-2008, 05:42 PM
I could maybe venture on down there to check it out. Not much more than a 20 minute drive for me. Dang, this should get me pushing to get my crap out of my room and into my truck lol.

OoMesKoO
04-12-2008, 11:53 AM
fo sheez.

SPL Blazer
04-16-2008, 02:21 PM
Well I'll be there, I'm hosting it. And yeah, there will be termlabs there. I hope we have a decent turnout, there really hasn't been a car audio comp north of Boston in years. I bought trophies for all the Bass Race and dB drag classes so hopefully there will be enough guys to take them all.

OoMesKoO
04-17-2008, 11:38 AM
Well I'll be there, I'm hosting it. And yeah, there will be termlabs there. I hope we have a decent turnout, there really hasn't been a car audio comp north of Boston in years. I bought trophies for all the Bass Race and dB drag classes so hopefully there will be enough guys to take them all.

****, what places get trophys? I dont think im doing any major numbers at all, but it would be pretty ****** to get a trophy!!! lol.

:D

SPL Blazer
04-17-2008, 12:27 PM
I'm doing trophies for 1st and 2nd place and certificates for 3rd-8th place. The trophies are actually pretty sweet, a new flames design for 2008. Nobody's got these ones, yet. We'll have to wait and see what classes have competitors, who knows, you could take first or second even if your not as loud as you think. There should be a few tuner cars there, and those will probably be in the street Stock classes, there's the Freestyle class which is open to almost anyone that wants to try for it. I have all the db drags and Bass race rules links and such in my blog on Myspace.

CRXBMPN
04-17-2008, 12:31 PM
apparently I'm in :)
I have a buddy who we just built a box for four L7 12's for, with a ten inch round port :) it was loud until he jewed himself by blowing the amp lol...

i may get a hotel friday night down there as it will be easier to pack a child up when I'm only 10 minutes or whatever away, rather than 2+ hours.

I'll be soliciting people to go, I'm sure the 420 boys will be there.

CRXBMPN
04-17-2008, 12:34 PM
btw let me know what time things will be happening. I want my boy to go but he has Larry The Cable Guy tickets for the same night, so we gotta coordinate

OoMesKoO
04-17-2008, 12:37 PM
goddamnit.

Theres goes my trophy right out the window.

:)

lol.

SPL Blazer
04-17-2008, 12:41 PM
btw let me know what time things will be happening. I want my boy to go but he has Larry The Cable Guy tickets for the same night, so we gotta coordinate

Registration starts at 10am, and hopefully we'll get the qualifying started by 11:00. I want to get the elimination rounds done by 4pm at the latest. I'm hoping to to have everything all done by 4:30. I have to get everything done in a timely manner so the cops don't shut us down for disturbing the peace.

Bob and Rooney should be there. Bob is re-tuning his wall so hopefully he has it done by then, he's getting tired of blowing out windshields. They're working on a couple Bass racers for some guys too, one has 4 DD subs and the other with 18 12" T3's.

SPL Blazer
04-17-2008, 12:42 PM
goddamnit.

Theres goes my trophy right out the window.

lol.

guess that depends on what class your in.

CRXBMPN
04-17-2008, 12:47 PM
i know of both setups that you mentioned Steve. I'll be there with either my two mojo quad 15's or my vfl 15's, depends which meter better... and my two 2500d's :)

street c or nw or sm 1-2 :confused:

SPL Blazer
04-17-2008, 01:01 PM
I talked to the shop owner and he's gonna let us do Bob's run's inside the install bay, so none of the neighbors call the cops and complain. Everyone else should be ok, but you can hear his bass race run from a couple blocks away.

For anyone that doesn't know the area, there's a good pizza place next door, and a McDonalds a few stores down, and a Dairy Queen across the street. Any spectators are asked to park across the street so we have enough room for competitors.

OoMesKoO
04-17-2008, 01:03 PM
what class would i be in?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/oomeskoo/HPIM0404.jpg

Audiopipe AP30001D...

OoMesKoO
04-17-2008, 01:04 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/oomeskoo/HPIM0401.jpg

CRXBMPN
04-17-2008, 01:27 PM
street c, or street max 3-4, or ss 3-4

:confused:

I am up in the air about what I am doing, depends on a few things.

SPL Blazer
04-17-2008, 01:38 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/oomeskoo/HPIM0401.jpg

Depending on the amp your running you can try for Street Stock A, one 650 cu in batt allowed, vehicle running is ok and no limit on capacitors. Street Stock classes the enclosure can't go above the top of the seats, not including headrests. There may not be a lot of people running amps on the approved amp list at this show, so I'll probably give them a yes or no at the show. The power range is 1000 watts for this class. Unless you want to try for a higher class, but I think you'd be better off in the Street Stock A class.

OoMesKoO
04-17-2008, 02:00 PM

i guess im **** out of luck. Running 1 Optima yellowtop... on a 3kw rated amp.

CRXBMPN
04-17-2008, 02:02 PM
i dont care what class i'm in lol, as long as i play nice and have fun!

and i think now that you got your head out of your azz and have the subs all firing right, you may be louder than you think :)

OoMesKoO
04-17-2008, 02:04 PM
i dont care what class i'm in lol, as long as i play nice and have fun!

and i think now that you got your head out of your azz and have the subs all firing right, you may be louder than you think :)

Id like to see a 145. Id be happy with that. You must bring teh Tee Ellz. No bout a doubt it.

And I have a very large cranium, I dont believe it would fit in said aZZ... :D

SPL Blazer
04-17-2008, 02:08 PM

i guess im **** out of luck. Running 1 Optima yellowtop... on a 3kw rated amp.

You can try Freestyle, no amp limit or power limit, no sub limit either. Your allowed two 800 cu in batteries. This one's for the newer competitors, and there's always Super Street No Wall. If your box wasn't so high you could just do the street C class.

SPL Blazer
04-17-2008, 02:09 PM
Oh yeah, downside of Street Stock and freestyle is it's music only. Don't forget, there's always Bass race, no amp or sub limits, no box height limits either.

OoMesKoO
04-17-2008, 03:10 PM
Can someone explain what exactly "bassrace" is? I see everyone talking about it... I just have no idea what it consists of.

SPL Blazer
04-17-2008, 05:50 PM
Check out this link for the official Bass Race rules and description.

http://www.termpro.com/dbdrag/rules/index.asp?Page=3

Bass race is pretty simple and it doesn't matter how many subs you have or how many amps you have. As long as you can hit 129.9 db's with music then you have a chance to win. There are four classes depending on how loud you can get. You get a qualifying round to determine just how loud you can get and then you get placed in the correct class, if you can hit 129.9 db's then thats the class you want. If your max is say 138.1 then your gonna want to stay in the 129.9 class. You want to get as close to 129.9 and keep it there without going over 130.0.

Here are the classes:
120.0 dB to 129.9 dB
130.0 dB to 139.9 dB
140.0 dB to 149.9 dB
150.0 dB to 159.9 dB

If you can hit 129.7 you can still win, cause anyone that hits a score above the bracket your in will "bust out" and be disqualified, therefore making the next highest score the winner. It's all a matter of being able to control your volume knob. Check out the link for the full rules and guidelines.

CRXBMPN
04-21-2008, 10:56 AM
i really need to see the new rules for dbdrag dont I.

I dont even know what class I would be in :(

SPL Blazer
04-21-2008, 11:38 AM
i really need to see the new rules for dbdrag dont I.

I dont even know what class I would be in :(

Here's a link to the 2008 rules matrix for dB Drags. If you check out the blogs on my Myspace page I have more details there.

2008 dB Drags Rules (http://www.termpro.com/dbdrag/rules/index.asp?Page=2)

There are other tabs you can click on that give you the more detailed rules.

CRXBMPN
04-21-2008, 11:40 AM
I think I will just play around in street c
unfortunately i was only able to test to "moderate" levels last night before my neighbor made it a point to appear pretty pissed off at my testing :)

street c = car off, remote control running radio from outside, correct.

street max/super street = car off (sm) car on (ss), both can have podiums/outside radio setups...

right?

SPL Blazer
04-21-2008, 01:41 PM
In street Stock, Street a,b,c and Street Max the vehicle can't be running, Super Street it can be. According to the official rules you can't be inside the vehicle for anything over 140 db, except for Bass Race. Since this is my show I'm not following this rule, if you want to sit inside go right ahead, we do it at all the single point shows. I'll try to have headphone type hearing protection available to those who want to use it.

SPL Blazer
04-21-2008, 01:47 PM
I'm thinking of running in the extreme Class this time around. I don't need the points and I didn't buy any trophies for extreme class vehicles so I'll run in the Extreme 2 class and let someone else have a shot at the Street A 1st place instead of me taking it every time. Figured I might take out the front seat and some of the interior panels, plus I can keep it running so I'll be able to see what my amp can do at .5 ohms.

CRXBMPN
04-21-2008, 04:39 PM
very cool...
hey can you throw this up on termpro's forum as well? I went over and didnt see a topic about it on the first two pages, maybe that can help :confused:

SPL Blazer
04-21-2008, 04:51 PM
A topic on what? There's a listing of the show on the event calender for May.

CRXBMPN
04-22-2008, 11:17 AM
oh, the event calendar and the forum are two different beasts... i never look at the calendar lol.

i'll put up a post on the db drag forum over there regarding this.

edzy
04-23-2008, 08:24 PM
I will be there. If you can figure out what class I would be in lawl. i Will compete. Otherwise I would just like to get metered.

SPL Blazer
04-23-2008, 11:28 PM
It all depends on your set up, if you have a single sub 13W6 like your sig says than you could do either Street Stock A, Street A or possibly the new freestyle class. What amp are you running and do you have a capacitor or a second battery?

CRXBMPN
04-25-2008, 12:46 PM
if you are nervous about competing for the first time and are scared of the meter come by and talk to me first, you can jump on my termlab and see what you got and go from there...

I may not end up spending the night friday night, a bunch of people may want to make the trip from up here and honestly if I dont lead them around like puppies they wont make it. Ugh, to be obsessed with car audio :(

hey will you be providing db drag cd's at the show? all i have are burned (legit though) usaci cd's, the one with the brown top haha

SPL Blazer
04-25-2008, 02:24 PM
I was nervous the first time I competed, glad there were good guys around to give me tips on getting louder. Thats a bonus with Drags, you get a qualifying run to see what you hit and then you have time before your final run so you can get tips from other competitors on getting little louder before you make your final run. With USACi you only get one run, unless you want to pay extra money for additional runs. Later this season when I get New England SPL going better I'll be allowing a couple runs, kinda like Slapshow did. Keep an eye open for posts on those shows, got one set up for August 10th in Rockland Mass and another possible one in July.

yup, I have volumes 10 & 11 Drags discs along with Volumes 2 & 3 Bass Race discs. The bass race ones are ok, a couple decent tracks for music.

I'm thinking about a 1 pm cutoff time for registrations and qualifying, I want to get the show over by 4pm so I'm gonna have to set a time.

mjf
04-25-2008, 02:37 PM
well bass race people can use any material anyway.

with the post you made over on eastcoast, saying burned cds couldnt be used when they clearly can

SPL Blazer
04-25-2008, 02:51 PM
well bass race people can use any material anyway.

with the post you made over on eastcoast, saying burned cds couldnt be used when they clearly can

Yeah, I didn't know about using burned cd's til after I posted that. Wayne needs to get on top of things and update the rules page on the drags website.

mjf
04-25-2008, 05:31 PM
Yeah, I didn't know about using burned cd's til after I posted that. Wayne needs to get on top of things and update the rules page on the drags website.

meh, easiest way is just to keep on top with the forums.:D

SPL Blazer
04-25-2008, 06:15 PM
Well I was talking with the guys at AutoSound today, it's the shop where the show is being held, they have some vendors sending some swag for the show. Looks like Kicker is sending a couple subs and some t-shirts to raffle off or hand out. I was told that some other companies are also sending some stuff for the show, but they don't have details on the other stuff yet. This should be a pretty good show, hope there's a good turnout for this one. If things go well for the show they said we'd be able to do another one later this summer, possibly at their other store that has a much larger parking lot.

edzy
04-25-2008, 07:11 PM
cool. And Ya I have a single 13 w6. as far as amps go. 1 on the sub, and 7 others for speakers. And I was gonna use USB with waves on it. sweeps and singles. Then a few BM songs.
As far as caps, I got 2. a 1 and a 1.5. No second battery.
Most of my stuff is in my sig. and the vid link.

CRXBMPN
04-25-2008, 10:45 PM
well these shows are close enough for us Mainers to get to, especially if they are on a saturday or even a sunday... thanks for helping bring back the loud to new england :)

SPL Blazer
04-25-2008, 11:19 PM
cool. And Ya I have a single 13 w6. as far as amps go. 1 on the sub, and 7 others for speakers. And I was gonna use USB with waves on it. sweeps and singles. Then a few BM songs.
As far as caps, I got 2. a 1 and a 1.5. No second battery.
Most of my stuff is in my sig. and the vid link.

Disconnect the caps and you can do Street A using test tones, or keep the caps and do Street Stock A using only music. If you do Street A you'll have to use our db Drags cd with the tones. Street stock A is limited on power too, I believe right now there's a 1000 watt limit.

97cavy
04-26-2008, 12:08 AM
actually since its a 1x he can use any soure unit for dbdrag, even an ipod

SPL Blazer
04-26-2008, 01:20 PM
guess that depends on whether you follow all the rules or not. The only rule I was planning to overlook was the one about not sitting in your vehicle during your run.

97cavy
04-26-2008, 01:55 PM
the offical db jams cd is only required at 2x-4x shows. at a single pointer if a person wants to use some britany spears to get his spl score he can go right ahead and try lol

CRXBMPN
04-28-2008, 01:01 PM
hmm i need a hotel, gotta be pet friendly, anyone know where one of those may be in Danvers was it? Dog is my buddies and its a miniature dobie, small little thing... hopefully he can go.

97cavy
04-28-2008, 08:53 PM
it doesnt look like im gonna have everything together for this weekend, good luck and hope to see ya guys at the next one. And good to see ya gettin back into it jason!

edzy
04-28-2008, 08:56 PM
hmm i need a hotel, gotta be pet friendly, anyone know where one of those may be in Danvers was it? Dog is my buddies and its a miniature dobie, small little thing... hopefully he can go.

Try Courtyard by marriote. I belive they take dogs.

CRXBMPN
04-29-2008, 03:45 PM
thx.. i booked a room @ the Comfort Inn North Shore, king sized bed :) not cheap but good reviews and i'm only a few miles away in Danvers.
Marty you may not go, but is your vehicle?

97cavy
04-29-2008, 06:50 PM
I ordered my 3rd amp earlier today...there is a chance it will be here by the weekend....then the other problem is, the woman has some crap she has to do, and i have noone to drive me out there...Im gonna see if jared is going and if i get my amp if he can give me a ride out, i could use the points lol

SPL Blazer
04-29-2008, 07:12 PM
Jared said he was coming out if his Jeep got back from the shop in time.

CRXBMPN
04-30-2008, 11:32 AM
Marty isnt your vehicle in the same state as me? lol... im trying to figure out what you are doing, and what certain other people are doing, without blatantly asking since idk if your vehicle plans are public knowledge yet :confused:

97cavy
04-30-2008, 12:45 PM
Its public, theres a build thread on here even. I just ordered the 3rd amp this week, so im not sure if it will be here in time for saturday.

97cavy
04-30-2008, 12:48 PM
then if it does make it in time, i run into the problem of not having a ride out there to get the truck. The woman has a baby shower for a friend, that no matter how hard i try she wont skip it

SPL Blazer
04-30-2008, 12:55 PM
then if it does make it in time, i run into the problem of not having a ride out there to get the truck. The woman has a baby shower for a friend, that no matter how hard i try she wont skip it

take a taxi out here, should be too much. lol

97cavy
04-30-2008, 01:09 PM
lol would prob be cheaper to fly lol

CRXBMPN
04-30-2008, 01:11 PM
crap, i havent seen the build log yet!!
well man i'm sure there will be other shows if you cant make this one!

SPL Blazer
04-30-2008, 01:16 PM
If you don't get it in time I'd be more than happy to have him leave it at my place til you can pick it up, I swear I won't play it too loud, lol.

97cavy
04-30-2008, 01:28 PM
lol. jason, head over to termpro in the bassrace section, mike just posted a new pic

CRXBMPN
05-02-2008, 12:00 PM
haha, well in a few hours i am headed out of work and home to get the oil changed and then do some super quick testing and then its off! I may try and stay down there saturday night as well as friday but thats an extra chunk of change! Unless anyone wants to buy some shirts :-D I will have them with me, the few I have left.

OoMesKoO
05-02-2008, 12:02 PM
I got your 50 mang! Dont forget that box!

If you felt like doing me a solid and putting that 15" IN the box and wiring it up to 1 ohm for me, Id probably give you a hug for your efforts.

CRXBMPN
05-02-2008, 12:03 PM
i'll drop it in with a few screws but im not putting it in all the way, i will explain when I get down there.

OoMesKoO
05-02-2008, 12:05 PM
i'll drop it in with a few screws but im not putting it in all the way, i will explain when I get down there.

Uh ohzZ!!@11!

Should I be scared? Ill bring my drill with some screws. Id like to pop off a number with one of these in my truck.

:D

97chameleonbird
05-02-2008, 12:52 PM
Ill grab a shirt if you got one in my size. How will I find you?

CRXBMPN
05-02-2008, 12:53 PM
Ill grab a shirt if you got one in my size. How will I find you?

what size shirt do you want? I've got a black ORION hat on, and I'll probably have on a new LOUDER THAN YOU shirt in white... and I drive a silver RSX

-- Jason

OoMesKoO
05-02-2008, 12:54 PM
he will be the one with all the T-shirts.

Probably wearing one. Hes a short little obese man. Very funny looking in the face. Long hair, very pimply. Probably walking.

CRXBMPN
05-02-2008, 12:55 PM
what a retard. and you will be the no shirt wearing, no box having, no spl burping, tall mofo with the spinnaRz :P

OoMesKoO
05-02-2008, 12:57 PM
what a retard. and you will be the no shirt wearing, no box having, no spl burping, tall mofo with the spinnaRz :P

Lawl.

;)

97chameleonbird
05-02-2008, 01:26 PM
Probably a large, maybe a medium. Do they tend to run big or small? I have some shirts that are mediums that are bigger than my larges, I dont get it...

SPL Blazer
05-02-2008, 03:01 PM
Just bring whatever shirts you have and you'll sell them all. See you guys there.

SPL Blazer
05-02-2008, 08:00 PM
We'll be doing a charity raffle for some stuff, a couple Kicker subs, t-shirts and possibly some subwoofer boxes made by the shop thats letting us hold the show.

CRXBMPN
05-03-2008, 09:54 PM
great show!!! bad weather!!! I left my suitcase at the show thank God that Jesse grabbed it for me!!! :)

OoMesKoO
05-03-2008, 09:55 PM
Had a helluva time today fellas! Good meetin a lot of ya!

Everyone who went, post up what vehicle you were drivin so I can put some names t faces.

I was Bradd in the green tahoe.

edzy
05-03-2008, 11:13 PM
I concur. It was a good time. weather ******, but it was nice that it was indoors. Nice ppl there. And a shout out to team 420 for letting my tune my van with the meter. Thanks. And Mesk, congrads on the raffle. Nice score.

OoMesKoO
05-03-2008, 11:23 PM
I concur. It was a good time. weather ******, but it was nice that it was indoors. Nice ppl there. And a shout out to team 420 for letting my tune my van with the meter. Thanks. And Mesk, congrads on the raffle. Nice score.

Hell yeah! It was good taking home a couple CVRs for free. Heh. I was hoping to do a little better than a 144.2dB on my setup... but @ 46Hz, on 3kw... meh. I suppose its alright.

Good seein ya again mang!

CRXBMPN
05-03-2008, 11:57 PM
yup, good meeting everyone...
it was fun :)

97cavy
05-04-2008, 12:07 AM
good to see you guys had a good time. weather wasnt the best here so im sure it wasnt to great there. I should be at the next one, getting really anxious about getting the truck out

SPL Blazer
05-04-2008, 02:44 AM
The owner had a good time and said I can do another show there this summer. I'll probably be looking at sometime in August, and possibly a Sunday. There would have been more people there but a lot of people have to work Saturdays.

If anyone from New England is on Myspace then check out our Myspace page at www.myspace.com/nespl I'll have listings of future shows there as well as updates and rules being posted in the blog section. There are a couple shows I have in the works for this summer in Mass, so keep an eye out. If anyone knows of a shop thats willing to have a show and has a parking lot big enough for us then let me know and we'll see if we can get some more shows going.

SPL Blazer
05-04-2008, 02:47 AM
Almost forgot, it was great meeting everyone and thanks to all who came out to the show. All the free food and swag from all the vendors was a surprise, even I didn't know the shop was going all out for the show. We'll get going a little earlier next time so we're not all waiting around til 6 for the trophies.

Besides the amount of time it took, did everyone have a good time?

CRXBMPN
05-04-2008, 10:21 AM
yes, once things got going it was great. Apparently bass puts my child to sleep (kind of like a vacuum/car ride) :) THATS a future SPL'er right there.

97cavy
05-04-2008, 10:50 AM
any pics?

CRXBMPN
05-04-2008, 11:03 AM
i have a video, AIM me and I'll send you the link. or better yet i'll put it in my away message, its mostly of my runs and my buddies...

BMPNBLZRJL on AIM

97cavy
05-04-2008, 11:29 AM
i dont have aim lol my computers been broke for months and have been using my cellphone for 99% of my internet browsing lol. post a link here and next time i get to a computer ill check it out

CRXBMPN
05-06-2008, 12:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY6dkhWo30Q

the only bassrace runs are of me in the silver rsx and my buddy scott in the black rsx, it was alot of fun :)

97chameleonbird
05-07-2008, 02:01 PM
Loved the two rsx's competing together. It looked like you guys had the same subs too, no? Anyway, thanks for the shirt, I got a pair of speakers from the raffle but I dont know what Im going to do with 4x6's lol. Great fun, hopefully Ill have some money to start my system and get some experience under my belt.

CRXBMPN
05-07-2008, 02:03 PM
yes man! how did your tire turn out?
the two RSX's had the same subs, same amp too, only i had two 2500d's @ 1 ohm and he had one 2500d @ .5 ohm...

Oddly enough, I bought my old CRX off Scott, and he happened to buy the same kind of car as me (rsx) lol... great minds think alike :confused:

SPL Blazer
05-07-2008, 02:16 PM
Hey guys, if there's anyone here on Myspace and not already on the friends list check us out. I have the link for New England SPL in my sig. There are some more shows in the works, and you'll hear about them first on the Myspace page.

psychoacoustics
05-07-2008, 07:20 PM
great job steve-we are glad to see things are going well-if you ever need anything dont hesitate to call us

97chameleonbird
05-08-2008, 01:50 PM
yes man! how did your tire turn out?
the two RSX's had the same subs, same amp too, only i had two 2500d's @ 1 ohm and he had one 2500d @ .5 ohm...

Oddly enough, I bought my old CRX off Scott, and he happened to buy the same kind of car as me (rsx) lol... great minds think alike :confused:

Eh, it was fine, there was a gas station right down the street anyway. I really need to swap over one of my good tires from my camaro thats sitting in my front yard, lol.

CRXBMPN
05-09-2008, 10:21 AM
cool, yeah man bring it out to the next show and compete! As you can see, not everyone posts big #'s at shows... and by the time your run is over, everyone forgets about it so dont be concerned!

97chameleonbird
05-09-2008, 01:17 PM
Yea, I'm hoping my next system is the real deal this time. No more sony xplod and crappy brands. Im still not sure if I want SQ or SPL. I love having huge bass but it gets to the point where I just want it to sound good and hit nice. These dbdrags and bassraces look fun though. At least I know theres a few guys around here who can help me out (hopefully, haha). I actually got a question for splblazer, or anyone else that knows about those external ports he had on his box...

SPL Blazer
05-09-2008, 01:30 PM
Yea, I'm hoping my next system is the real deal this time. No more sony xplod and crappy brands. Im still not sure if I want SQ or SPL. I love having huge bass but it gets to the point where I just want it to sound good and hit nice. These dbdrags and bassraces look fun though. At least I know theres a few guys around here who can help me out (hopefully, haha). I actually got a question for splblazer, or anyone else that knows about those external ports he had on his box...

Whats the question?

97chameleonbird
05-09-2008, 01:48 PM
Whats the question?

I know I'm going to sound like a complete n00b but...

If I put my ports on the outside like that will I be able to make my box smaller? Seeing as my hatch area is kind of small for a box I was going to do a sealed box for the size. I was thinking if I can make the box to fit and have the ports run up along the sides of the hatch towards the back seat I would be able to free some space up.

So I'm pretty much asking, do the ports take up space, and if they are on the outside can my box be smaller, haha.

(Please god I hope I dont sound like a complete idiot...)

SPL Blazer
05-09-2008, 01:56 PM
By placing the ports on the outside you no longer have to account for port displacement, so yes, you can make the enclosure smaller. Check out www.psp-inc.com for a port calculator, it'll give you an idea of what size ports you can run and how many depending on the enclosure size and tuning freq.

97chameleonbird
05-09-2008, 01:59 PM
Thanks, I'll look into that more later. Lunch break is over...

SPL Blazer
05-12-2008, 12:02 PM
I've uploaded a bunch of pics from the show to my page on Myspace. Check them out.

SPL Blazer
06-02-2008, 05:53 PM
The results are finally posted on the DB Drags website.

edzy
06-03-2008, 07:51 PM
hey steve, theres an error on that event results. Stock Street A
I (Marc) was the 130.6, Dave was the 142 and 140.8.

I was wondering how I came in second with a higher score?

http://www.termpro.com/asp/displaybracket.asp?Event_ID=10037&Power_Class_ID=54355

SPL Blazer
06-03-2008, 09:06 PM
hey steve, theres an error on that event results. Stock Street A
I (Marc) was the 130.6, Dave was the 142 and 140.8.

I was wondering how I came in second with a higher score?

http://www.termpro.com/asp/displaybracket.asp?Event_ID=10037&Power_Class_ID=54355

Sent you an explanation via PM.

OoMesKoO
06-03-2008, 10:14 PM
******!

Too bad there is nothing near me for the rest of the year!

lol.

SPL Blazer
06-03-2008, 11:26 PM
******!

Too bad there is nothing near me for the rest of the year!

lol.

How do you figure? Don't you read all the forums and such? I just posted a new thread about several shows going on this month alone, including one in Rhode Island, how close do you expect the shows to get? I drive up to 3 1/2 hours each way sometimes, so anything in New England is considered close.

OoMesKoO
06-04-2008, 09:00 PM
ZOMGWTFBBQ!!!!!1111 Serious??!?!1

Link me! Id like to see where all these are. I gotta hit all of them.

SPL Blazer
06-04-2008, 09:09 PM
If your on Myspace just click the link in my sig, otherwise look at Slapshow events (http://www.audiosportsusa.com/schedules/slap.html)

This gives you just the Slapshow comps.