PDA

View Full Version : need some help with truck box

shiver
05-08-2003, 07:16 PM
ok i need a little bit of help here, cuz im confused as hell on this. i have a 2000 dodge ram extended cab. the dimensions under the rear seat are:
Length - 45"
Height - 10"
Depth - 16"
The thing im having trouble with, is that under the seat, it is not a flat surface, from front to back it elevates, would this be a problem? i don't know whether or not i should go with the subs and amp or just get an Infinity Basslink, i'd rather have the subs and amp. Thanks for the help though.

tommyk90
05-08-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by shiver
ok i need a little bit of help here, cuz im confused as hell on this. i have a 2000 dodge ram extended cab. the dimensions under the rear seat are:
Length - 45"
Height - 10"
Depth - 16"
The thing im having trouble with, is that under the seat, it is not a flat surface, from front to back it elevates, would this be a problem? i don't know whether or not i should go with the subs and amp or just get an Infinity Basslink, i'd rather have the subs and amp. Thanks for the help though.

Just build a box that fits. The box doesn't have to be a perfect rectangle/square, just as long as there is enough airspace for the subs. Although the 10" height is gonna be tough to overcome unless you put some spacers under the seat bolts to get some more clearance under there.

bigred78797
05-09-2003, 09:09 AM
Yeah i agree with tommy, your only problem would be the 10 inch clearance you have. One way to clear that issue is to use some 8" subs i.e. eclipse subs. That angle going toward that back my cause issues but im not quite sure of how it is configured so i really cant give any advice on that issue.

shiver
05-10-2003, 12:36 PM
alright, thanks for the help. i think i might just get an mtx pre-made truck box, it says to fit perfectly, so i'll try it out. but thanks for the help.

ActionJ-01-Z71
05-13-2003, 11:24 PM
could build the box with the subs firing down. here it sounds kick *** in ex cabs.