PDA

View Full Version : Crossover suggestion, Power suggestion

m.fullert_24
04-08-2008, 12:06 PM
I just ordered my focal 165a1's (60 watts rms @ 4ohms). They will be running off a JBL GTO75.4 4 Channel Amp (104 watts rms @ 4 ohms x 4). My head unit is a Alpine CDA 9885. I also have 2 10" subs. Anyways.....

Question 1: Is 104 watts rms too much, not enough, or ok? I have heard people put a lot of power to focals, but am just wondering because of the recommended 60 watts rms.

Question 2: What do I need to do to get my crossovers set right? Do I just set the head unit and amp to flat, and tweek the included crossovers? I am so confused because there are 3 points that can be adjusted (ie head unit, amp, crossover).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

dman4486
04-08-2008, 12:12 PM
I just ordered my focal 165a1's (60 watts rms @ 4ohms). They will be running off a JBL GTO75.4 4 Channel Amp (104 watts rms @ 4 ohms x 4). My head unit is a Alpine CDA 9885. I also have 2 10" subs. Anyways.....

Question 1: Is 104 watts rms too much, not enough, or ok? I have heard people put a lot of power to focals, but am just wondering because of the recommended 60 watts rms.

Question 2: What do I need to do to get my crossovers set right? Do I just set the head unit and amp to flat, and tweek the included crossovers? I am so confused because there are 3 points that can be adjusted (ie head unit, amp, crossover).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

you can put plenty of power on any set of speakers, just keep the power within the speaker's frequency range and unclipped

edit: i believe the crossover with that set is a passive crossover.....

m.fullert_24
04-08-2008, 12:53 PM
so, should I adjust the HU and amp?