PDA

View Full Version : carpc, help

orangecounty1
04-07-2008, 11:51 AM
ok, so i was about to order a pioneer AVIC-D3 for the mini...6.1" screen, dvd/cd/ipod control, navigation. 700 shipped.

so i said F it, why not do a computer?

so i ordered this screen for starters. 10.4" vga touchscreen, 213 shipped

http://www.gooddeals18.com/product/SHK1040

i did my research on this monitor, and everyone that has it, they took it apart to mount the bare LCD in their dash, and they all say this unit, made by Shark, is actually a Samsung LCD panel!

so thats that

lets talk about the actual PC.

i thought about a Mac Mini, would by far be easiest to do. 80gb is like 600 bux i think.

its 6.5" x 6.5" x 2"

only downside is-

only has 3.5mm audio out, as do most mother boards. will this sound like crap? im basically going to keep my Head unit, for the preouts and volume control, as well as an EQ, and 3 way crossover.

so what im going to do is go audio out from PC, to the red/white AUX input on my HU. HU will always stay on AUX mode.

will it sound bad if i go 3.5mm out from PC, to red/white aux in on HU? (i had my ipod hooked up that way, didnt soudn bad IMO) dont know how the PC would react though.

or, i can build a PC. problem there, is space.

ideas? at this point, im mainly concerned about the audio out thing. i wanna figure that out.

SilverSquared
04-07-2008, 12:19 PM
I use a soundblaster USB sound device, and its great. pure, clean sound. And it's RCA output, so I need no conversion.

BTW...that 10" screen at night will KILL your eyes. Only use if you are blind or need to stay ahead of other people's game.

orangecounty1
04-07-2008, 12:21 PM
its all good about the screen