PDA

View Full Version : help me with a box design please

Harleyfx69
04-06-2008, 01:57 AM
Hi there,

Have 2 rockford fosgates punch stage 2's,

Website says they need .5 to .85 cubic feet sealed per sub ..

Thats around 1 to 1.9 cubic feet per sub,

I think i am doing my conversions wrong because when i do it the box is just too dam small,

What do the approximat dimensions need to be for a 3/4 inch MDF board rectangular box ..

Also taking into consideration the approximate displacment of the sub ..

Thanks,

galacticmonkey
04-06-2008, 02:35 AM
I can so you a design thats ported/sealed/bandpass with a full cutsheet for a little money. Just send me a PM. Ive done quite a few.

PhatTonyDeMarco
04-06-2008, 02:45 AM
Don't pay for that ****...

You need to start with the dimensions you have to work with in your vehicle and make a box relative to those parameters.

Length x Width x Height / 1728 (a cubic foot in inches), will give you your volume for your box. You need to add 1.5 to each dimension for 3/4 inch MDF in order to determine actual box size, or subtract it from each prior to doing your math if you have factored material thickness in your dimensions already.

Harleyfx69
04-06-2008, 04:28 AM
Don't pay for that ****...

You need to start with the dimensions you have to work with in your vehicle and make a box relative to those parameters.

Length x Width x Height / 1728 (a cubic foot in inches), will give you your volume for your box. You need to add 1.5 to each dimension for 3/4 inch MDF in order to determine actual box size, or subtract it from each prior to doing your math if you have factored material thickness in your dimensions already.

K thanks man,

Right now im working with the backseat of a dodge ram ,

I have a sheet of 3/4 MDF sitting in my dorm room,

so size of box isnt really an issue,

just something that will look decent with 2 ten's in it,

The mounting depth of the sub is somewhere around 6 inches, so i think i need at least around 8 inches deep to cover wires and what not,

But other than that size is in the air

cshaw
04-06-2008, 04:44 AM
12 by 12 by 12 internal dimensions is 1 cube fyi.

Harleyfx69
04-06-2008, 04:46 AM
Thanks,

And one other question would the p2's be *better* in a smaller, or the larger dimensions of the box ?

1 cubic foot, or 1.9

Harleyfx69
04-06-2008, 04:50 AM
okay another question,

Considering im trying to fit two tens into the box,

If i build it large enough to cover both ten's ,

The box length is minimum going to be around 20 inches, and thats just covering subs, not mounting space or anything,

After i build this to fit,

To get the box to the necesary volume,

Would i need to put something in it to take away displacement to get it down to the 1.5 cubic feet ?

iDesignBoxes
04-06-2008, 10:28 AM
Let me know your maximum dimensions, shoot me a PM and I'll help you out.