PDA

View Full Version : IN Door Vs. Kick Pannel?

Geminidj2000
05-07-2003, 07:40 PM
i have a 1996 ford explorer im wondering would mounting the tweeters on a pillar be ok?
Like how better are kicks then regular mounts and do any of u guys have porblems with acually kicking them? because it seems like if i put them in my exploerer that they would get hit a lot.

mgaidica
05-07-2003, 07:44 PM
pillar is fine, i also think kick panels are to big and take up to much room for a lot of people. Mine are on my pillars and sound great..

Geminidj2000
05-07-2003, 08:01 PM
yeh thats exactly what i was thinking becsaause there gonna be hella close even in and explorer.....

Gauntlet
05-07-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Geminidj2000
i have a 1996 ford explorer im wondering would mounting the tweeters on a pillar be ok?
Like how better are kicks then regular mounts and do any of u guys have porblems with acually kicking them? because it seems like if i put them in my exploerer that they would get hit a lot.

The pillars are fine if you wish to go that route....the main advantage of kick panels is that you can fine-tune the imaging and aim the speakers directly at you. I'd say put them in the pillars and see how they sound, chances are you'll be happy.

Mark_ab
05-08-2003, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by Geminidj2000

Unless you plan to compete, or care a considerable amount about imaging properties, mounting in A pillars will be fine. Are kick panels annoying? Yes, until you get used to them, then you adjust, but you'll forever be worried about passengers kicking them.