PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse CD7000 won't close

tee
04-02-2008, 12:23 AM
I was driving and decided to chance CDs. I pressed the Eject button, but the CD came out halfwayish and made the faceplate get stuck too. I pressed the CD back in and the faceplate finally opened fully. Now, it's stuck like that. The CD won't come out when I press the Eject button. The faceplate also doesn't want to close also. So right now, it's just useless since I can't do anything with it stuck like that. Can someone help me out here? Thx.

IgnoreMe
04-02-2008, 12:32 AM
do a search, seems this is getting to be a common problem on the cd7k's...

anyways, try this

1) try pressing the face plate down with your fingers. press down on what is normally the top of the face plate. supposedly sometimes they wont come down all the way and it just takes this to get them to eject the cd

or

2) reset the unit, grab an extra cd. now press eject, and as soon as the face place clears the cd slot, push the other cd into it. dont jam it in there, but just put it in till it stops. the cd should eject. this has worked for my friend twice now on two different units.

there was 1 person on here who had the same problem. he did number 1, and it worked. however a couple days later it did it again, and it was completely unresponsive. he had it happen too 2 of the same brand new units...

good luck

XaznKewLguyX
04-02-2008, 03:08 AM
make sure the trim isnt in the way.

tee
04-02-2008, 01:56 PM
I just pressed the reset button and the CD popped out. Thanks.