PDA

View Full Version : Diamond D6 Components

mackin
04-01-2008, 09:33 PM
A friend of mine has 2 12 inch D6 subs in his Mercury Milan. He wants to upgrade the speakers, and the 6.5 inch D6 components caught his eye. We went to listen to the D6's at Ultimate Electronics, and they sounded good except there was virtually no midbass. Is this because it was only in a demo and not properly deadened in a door?

Also, at Diamonds website, it says DO NOT BUY FROM ONLINE STORES all across the main page. He bought his subs at woofersetc, and would probably get the speakers there too. Should we listen to the warnings on Diamond's site and pay 2-3 times more through a dealer, or should we buy them online anyway?

Cliffs
- Opinions on D6 6.5 inch Components? especially midbass experience?
- Is it OK to buy online even though Diamond doesn't have Authorized online dealers?

Thanks in advance

mackin
04-02-2008, 01:27 AM
nobody has any experience with D6 components? :(

i'll check back in the morning.

mackin
04-02-2008, 04:14 PM
I did a search and found mixed opinions. anyone with properly deadened doors care to comment on midbass output?

Hoodlum007
04-05-2008, 09:53 PM
Diamand makes great products, i have heard the Hex and i liked the sound they produced. That disclaimer not to buy online is to scare you into walking into a local shop and paying full retail. It is supposed to detour from buying below msrp from unauthorized dealers and support the authorized dealers.

mackin
04-05-2008, 09:59 PM
Diamand makes great products, i have heard the Hex and i liked the sound they produced. That disclaimer not to buy online is to scare you into walking into a local shop and paying full retail. It is supposed to detour from buying below msrp from unauthorized dealers and support the authorized dealers.

Thanks a ton for the reply lol. :bowdown: i thought for sure this thread would die out. Did you like the midbass from the HEX's?

Hoodlum007
04-05-2008, 10:04 PM
i honestly do not remember how the midbass was but overall sounded good to me, What is your price range for comps? Have you looked at the Premier 720PRS?

mackin
04-05-2008, 10:06 PM
well it was for my friend, but i think he was looking at around 200 dollars for a set and then a somewhat cheap amp to power them. do you think an Orion 2 channel would be good? like this one? http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=4678

EDIT: and i have not looked into the PRS. are they sweet speakers for around 200?

Hoodlum007
04-05-2008, 10:10 PM
Thet have some sick sales on Cadence amps, you can get a better amp for that same price.

http://woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=6097

gymfreak101
04-05-2008, 10:10 PM
I used to work at a shop that sold Diamond and if installed by certified dealer they carried lifetime warranties, the company has been sold since then so please buy online and save the money.

mackin
04-05-2008, 10:13 PM
Thet have some sick sales on Cadence amps, you can get a better amp for that same price.

http://woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=6097

Never heard of Cadence. do they do rated power and such? (noob here)

Also, I noticed that the 720 PRS have an RMS rating of 50 watts, will that cadence amp be crazy overkill?

I used to work at a shop that sold Diamond and if installed by certified dealer they carried lifetime warranties, the company has been sold since then so please buy online and save the money.

Yeah thats what we figured. Thanks for the confirmation. And on a side note, even without the warranty, you can still replace a blown speaker and still pay less than 1 from a dealer with warranty. if that makes any sense lol.

Hoodlum007
04-05-2008, 10:15 PM
The Cadence amp and Diamand D661 or Hex comps should be heaven.

mackin
04-05-2008, 10:17 PM
i'm not sure he wants to spend that much money lol. but I will definitely mention that to him. I will also keep those in mind if and when I finally get going on a system of my own. I just need to sell 2 cars and get a Jeep like i've been wanting, but that's another story.

Thanks for all of your help. I appreciate it.

NoobieAudio
04-05-2008, 10:49 PM
i love the d6's. got them in my f360 now deadener and they have a VERY good harmony. they where a little harsh at first for me but now they sound uber ****

mackin
04-06-2008, 01:00 AM
i love the d6's. got them in my f360 now deadener and they have a VERY good harmony. they where a little harsh at first for me but now they sound uber ****

lol glad to hear it. sounds like the D6's might be the ones!

Thanks all for your input :veryhapp:

Gary S
04-07-2008, 06:30 PM
The hex's have more midbass, but the D6 are great for the money.

As far as the warranty... yes, the companies are trying to keep the prices high... they have contracts with their authorized dealers stating they can't publish prices lower than list. As long as the store has an "in store warranty", you are covered... just send them back to the store if you have a problem, not the manufacturer (Diamond). The store then sends them back to the authorized wholesaler they bought them from, for warranty coverage. That's how it works.