PDA

View Full Version : RSD 65CS tweeter issues

HD RACING
03-31-2008, 08:38 PM
Anyone else blown a PG RSD tweeter?

Finally had a chance to hook up my new Eclipse 8455 and run active and the tweeter did not want to cooperate. It tests open with a VOM,

Anyone have any issues with their tweeters? They are driven by 75watts RMS.

Warranty is cool but I hope this is not common.

tcguy85
03-31-2008, 08:50 PM
where were they crossed?

HD RACING
03-31-2008, 09:59 PM
Passive- I used the PG crossover.

Active- I didn't get a chance to run them as I got as far as testing each channel for left and right and it did not sound when I hooked up the toner?

Gains were at minimum settings and the speakers were never clipped.

Rockford 400x4 is the amp.

Audio Savings says no problem on the warranty. I hope it was a fluke.

I can't wait until I get them hooked up actively.

What do you have the crossover points set at?

tcguy85
03-31-2008, 10:02 PM
mids from 80hz/12db to 2.5k/24db. tweeters from 4k/24db and up. 200 watts per mid and 100 pet tweeter. get **** loud and sound real good.

01 S 10
03-31-2008, 10:02 PM
<< same problem here. my right side tweeter was acting up. I ended up switching amps (shouldnt have) then sent them a clipped signal and blew both. had about 150w going to each side passive. Audiosavings isnt doing anything for ME, they are making me go through PG for a repair. o well

UCF52
03-31-2008, 11:27 PM
Haven't had a problem here - even after running them passive with the tweeters connected to the mid bass output from the crossover... whoops.

ronjon228
04-01-2008, 04:16 AM
I think I may have blown one tonight. I was messing around with some test tones and now my right side tweeter seems to be acting up. I'm dismayed. Especially since I just bought an old school PPI Sedona 6ch to go active on.

I'm not sure if the tweet is actually blown. It still plays, but seems to be emitting a slight scratchy sound along with the regular tones. I'll keep you updated on it.

I also ordered from Audio Savings. Hopefully they will warranty it and not make me go through Phoenix Gold. Either way, I love the drivers on this comp set too much to buy another. If worse comes to worse I'll try to find some tweeters that match up nicely and keep the drivers.

Update!

Well, it seems my worrying was just that. Once I let the tweets and xovers cool down a bit things seem to be fine. When I first thought they were blown, I smelt a slight bit of "burnt" electronics. I think it was the overs getting a bit warm from the test tones some how. Strange. Anyway, went out and re-aligned my tweets to on-axis (center of car) and now everything sounds great. Phew... what a relief! :D