PDA

View Full Version : T-Line Pick up bed

kmastl
03-30-2008, 10:03 PM
Im interested in possibly building a TL box for my T212D2.. i was reading around and it looks suited to work well... "Usually, only drivers which have low Qts (0.25 - 0.4) , Qes (0.3 - 0.4) and Fs values are suitable for transmission line systems." It has a Qts of .38 and a Qes of .41.. and the Fs is 28 Hz Quarter wave length is what people appear to be doing.. "if your designing a transmission line, then you need to do a little more math. in transmission line design, you take speed of sound / frequency / 4. you divide by 4 for the quarter wavelength. so 1130/28/4=10.1 feet" here is where i have a question.. what if i were to do a TL line on both the front and back of the speaker and do a blow thought to the cab? would they cancel each other out.. each line comes out to be under 8 Cuft and i have about 22 to work with. also i would be powering it @1 ohm with 600 watts off my nine.5

Im open to all suggestions. Im looking to get the most output out of 600 watts with a blow through install. also im going to wait about 9 month to build sorry for the long post.

BrianChia
03-30-2008, 10:28 PM
A TL on both the front and rear of a speaker would just result in peaks and dips from the pipe resonance, but each pipe would be out of phase with the other. So essentially it is like listening to a T-line only through the rear of the line but then having another one next to it that was out of phase (peaky resonances and ****** phasing and cancellation problems). There is a reason why no one does a TL on both sides.

Now a tapped horn might be a better idea, do some research on that...

mjf
03-30-2008, 10:32 PM
yeah taking from steve meades site.

there are enough flaws in that design that it shouldnt be used.

kmastl
03-30-2008, 11:18 PM
are you saying there are too many flaws with using a T-Line? and i should decide on another type of enclosure?