PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest Head Unit that will get the job done?

Americanstrat21
03-30-2008, 10:00 PM
I am looking for a halfway decent head unit.. I have a 96' Jimmy.... Will any headunit fit in any car or do I have to measure it out ? I just want a headunit that can play CDs, and has a bass knob or something to control the bass !!

Thanks!

Ken448
03-30-2008, 10:02 PM
whats cheap? And in an 96, depth will be an issue, the vents are right behind the radio.. You will need an install kit unless you get creative.

Americanstrat21
03-30-2008, 10:06 PM
How much do install kits cost? I want somthing that I can get for under $120

ultimate157
03-30-2008, 10:18 PM
I have never seen a head unit with a bass knob ..... :confused:

Trez0r
03-30-2008, 10:25 PM
just get a low line pioneer and be happy

integra88
03-30-2008, 10:27 PM
X 2 there^^^

yourmomisfat
03-30-2008, 10:27 PM
well you are from rockford, and the only other person i knew from rockford was a *******, so i will cut you some slack, must be your upbringing. Maybe you should look around the forums a little more before you post. You could also stop by your local circuit city or best buy and ask any of them this question and since they are getting paid to answer you and hoping for sales they will probably stifle their laughter and answer your question explaining the following variables to you.

What are you trying to control the bass on? Do you have subs in your vehicle yet? If so you need a deck with gain control for the subwoofer outputs or use the rear outputs and fade to the front or rear for gain control not using your rear speakers.

honestly you just come off as a dumb suburb ******.

2002XLT
03-30-2008, 10:28 PM
well you are from rockford, and the only other person i knew from rockford was a *******, so i will cut you some slack, must be your upbringing. Maybe you should look around the forums a little more before you post. You could also stop by your local circuit city or best buy and ask any of them this question and since they are getting paid to answer you and hoping for sales they will probably stifle their laughter and answer your question explaining the following variables to you.

What are you trying to control the bass on? Do you have subs in your vehicle yet? If so you need a deck with gain control for the subwoofer outputs or use the rear outputs and fade to the front or rear for gain control not using your rear speakers.

calm down there tiger.:eek:

morgans432
03-30-2008, 10:30 PM

and so do you welcome to the forum idiot

integra88
03-30-2008, 10:32 PM

Dude, You are in more dire need of a BJ then any man I know....:laugh:

ultimate157
03-30-2008, 10:33 PM

Congrats, now whats your normal username? Prick...

Americanstrat21
03-30-2008, 10:40 PM
hmhmh Lmao, Nice post yourmomisfat. Anyway, I need a head unit that can handle subs... Also this isnt about head units but.. When you wire the subs.. What do you wire the wires through to the back of the car?? Or how do the wires get to the back of the car to hook up to the subs and amp?

yourmomisfat
03-30-2008, 10:54 PM
ok nevermind, maybe you guys are right.. You are obviously foreign, and I apoligize. What is your normal language, maybe someone can help ya out, serisously.

2002XLT
03-30-2008, 10:56 PM
ok nevermind, maybe you guys are right.. You are obviously foreign, and I apoligize. What is your normal language, maybe someone can help ya out, serisously.

I wouldn't be concerned with others grammar until you are proficient with it, personally.

Oh, and GTFO and DIAF. KTHX

integra88
03-30-2008, 11:05 PM
X 1,000,000,000^^^^

skydeaner
03-30-2008, 11:24 PM
jesus christ.. My ******* wife thinks everything is a game, so, sorry about the rude posts from yourmomisfat. Wife created wife inspired, ******* inside... that's my motto.

Anyways, americanstrat21 describe your current setup and we can help you out. Give us model numbers of everything you ar using.

skydeaner
03-30-2008, 11:26 PM
but, incase any females need to know, i am still in need of a BJ more than any man integra88 knows :)

ultimate157
03-30-2008, 11:31 PM

Let me re-write this travesty for you...

"OK, never mind; Maybe you guys are right.

You are obviously foreign, and I apologize. What is your primary language? Perhaps someone can help you, in all seriousness."

FAIL.

dfresh50
04-18-2008, 01:07 AM
haha go out and buy cheap **** that everyone will see including you every time you drive. thats what i would do

bmennen07
04-18-2008, 03:34 PM
Hey if your interested I have a pioneer in great shape from 2003. It has many tuneable functions, plays mp3's, Wma's, XM satillite radio, and I still got the remote. If not its going back in my stang :) I will let it go for really cheap.

PICS

http://i26.tinypic.com/lv5nt.jpg

1phatclipse
04-18-2008, 03:38 PM
get this one ive heard its great for the money ....i plan on trying it out pretty soon http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=250233218923&_trksid=p3984.cWAT.m240.lVI

bmennen07
04-18-2008, 03:39 PM
Ohh and to be nice an answer your questions. You need to buy an amp wiring kit, (walmart) and you run the wires from the back of the cd player to an amp. then after connecting the ground, power, and 12v, you run wires from your subs into the amp.

Before you can do that tho you have to have all the wires that were connected to your factory stereo connected to your new one. Not that hard to do, basically just follow instructions and match the colors.