PDA

View Full Version : inverting subs...

xplicit
05-05-2003, 08:32 PM
kinda a prob here...
i tried to invert BOTH of my tens(both magnents sticking out from box)... they sounded great, looked even better...
question... whenever i had BOTH of the subs inverted backwords, it overweighed the box and made it shift forward and flip over when driving...

i then continued to put one sub in normal with magnent inside box, and one inverted with magnent out to balance weight... the box still wobbled, but hardly as much

question is, how the hell do i make it so both of my subs can be inverted... but have the box STAY PUT... and not move and fall over from the weight

really appreciate it guys, thx

mgaidica
05-05-2003, 08:36 PM
and hook and a rope. a bungy cord. a new box. depends on ur car. creativity.

Randy Savage
05-05-2003, 08:38 PM
Bolt the box to the chasis. It'll also make it difficult for someone to steal it, as well.

ramos
05-06-2003, 06:54 AM
Attach that sucker. Think of what will happen to that box if you slam on the brakes really quick :eek: :)

Bavarian3
05-07-2003, 01:54 PM
im gona have the same problem. what think i will do is screw the box down through the wood into the floor of my trunk from inside my box.

Xplicit did u hear ur subs when they were set up with the magnets inside the box? any difference? did u switch the polarity of + and - on ur amp.

Brock
05-07-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by capone28
did u switch the polarity of + and - on ur amp.

hopefully...

And just use some L brackets to bolt the box down, no need to bolt it straight through the wood...

Bavarian3
05-07-2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Brock
hopefully...

And just use some L brackets to bolt the box down, no need to bolt it straight through the wood...

what are L brackets and where on the box would i put them

andy00018
05-07-2003, 09:12 PM
L brackets are just little L shaped metal brackets, it sometimes has 2 holes on each side and you can just screw in one side to the box and one of the sides to the floor

tommyk90
05-07-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by capone28
what are L brackets and where on the box would i put them

L-brackets are just that, L-shaped brackets. They'll have them at your local hardware store. And they go on the outside of the box. One part of the L screws onto the box while the other part of the L screws to the floor.

EDIT: Dammit andy:D

andy00018
05-07-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by tommyk90
L-brackets are just that, L-shaped brackets. They'll have them at your local hardware store. And they go on the outside of the box. One part of the L screws onto the box while the other part of the L screws to the floor.

EDIT: Dammit andy:D
Hey you copycat!! lol

tommyk90
05-07-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by andy00018
Hey you copycat!! lol

No, you copied me. You just type faster. :)

Randy Savage
05-07-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by tommyk90
No, you copied me. You just type faster. :)

Well, get your hand out of your pants and use both of them for typing, maybe you will type faster...

tommyk90
05-08-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by snova031
Well, get your hand out of your pants and use both of them for typing, maybe you will type faster...

ha ha ha......very funny. :D I hated microprocessing in high school. I aced the class but i always need to look at the screen while typing.