PDA

View Full Version : Installed headunit-can hear woofer but cant hear door speakers

cotedog03
03-29-2008, 07:18 PM
alright, so this weekend me and a buddy decided to install my subs, amp, and headunit i got for my truck. everything went smooth but we ran into some trouble when it came to installing the head unit. We double checked our wiring and everything, and the head unit turns on and everything and you can go to anything you want on it, but no sound comes out of my door speakers at all. My subs will work and you can hear the bass but no sound comes out of my door speakers. My friend thinks it could be my headunit which still kinda confuses me. Anyone have any ideas on what the problem could be? the subs and amp are kicker and the headunit is a pioneer deh-p4900 if it helps any.

and yes we checked and made sure the equalizer and fade wasn't just set weird.

Thanks for any help in advance

Cody

goonandbuck
03-29-2008, 07:23 PM
did you just use the factory wiring harness?

blimblam
03-29-2008, 07:25 PM
are your doorspeakers stock? have an amp for it?

cotedog03
03-29-2008, 07:30 PM
i bought a new wiring harness kit that was made for my truck if thats what you mean, it wasn't the one used with the stock radio though.

and the back speakers are stock but the front speakers are aftermarket, i'm not sure what kind because they were in the truck when i bought it. but they worked prior to installing the headunit

maldecido33
03-29-2008, 07:32 PM
are they being run off of headunit power?

if so, make sure the internal headunit amp is turned on.

inapontiac
Power IC: On

goonandbuck
you probbaly just didnt splice the right wires together.........take it out and double check

cotedog03
03-29-2008, 07:52 PM
yes they're being ran off the headunit power, but i just looked all through the book and i turned the radio on and searched for it and i couldnt find where to turn on the internal amp.

and i just checked again on the wires, and every wire is going to the correct one.

Power IC: On

what do you mean by that?

soundQinSC
03-29-2008, 10:12 PM
What kind of truck do you have

Worlddre
03-29-2008, 10:14 PM
when you turn the radio on do you hear a pop anywhere...if so the speakers that pops is grounding fix that and your problem wil be solved

cotedog03
03-29-2008, 11:08 PM
its a 97 f150

and i don't think i heard a pop but i'll double check in the morning. Thanks for all the help guys i appreciate it. I'm gonna un do all the wires and re wire the headunit in the morning too and see what happens. i'll be sure to post what happens, if anything

NoobieAudio
03-29-2008, 11:11 PM
well do it now. go take a picture of the front speaker wires where you spliced them please then post it. you could have pos/neg mixed or not spliced right

cotedog03
03-30-2008, 11:44 AM
well, i went through and rewired the headunit and still i got nothing out of the speakers.

but i did hook up my stock radio to rule out the possibility of the speakers themselves being the problem. and, when i plugged the stock radio back in, all of the door speakers worked nicely. any one have any other ideas? :confused:

memphisspl
03-30-2008, 01:37 PM
Some F150s had a stock amp that needed to be integrated with or bypassed altogether. Make sure you wired the blue turn on wire from the factory harness to the blue wire on the Pioneer harness.

cotedog03
03-30-2008, 09:54 PM
but doesnt that blue wire need to be wired to my remote wire for the amp to my subs?

99StangGt
03-30-2008, 11:40 PM
It needs to be wired to both amps. I know with the Mustangs they have a stock amp somewhere that you need to wire it to turn on with the deck.

cotedog03
03-31-2008, 12:30 PM
Thanks guys thats exactly what it was. I guess i didn't realize there was a built in amp in the truck already, and on the wiring harness sheet it said that wire was unused, guess not though. Big releif to know i dont have to go out and buy a new headunit :D

Thanks again for all the help

Cody

Valusft
04-04-2008, 06:03 AM
use a connector and split the blue wire, ive had a ford before and it had a built in amp and it would need to be bypassed or u need to get a harness to hook it up. I am not sure on how to bypass it though sorry.