PDA

View Full Version : How much?

ARK_SWAMP_RIDER
03-29-2008, 01:48 PM
I am looking at building my first box and would like to know about how much it would cost. I am looking at 1.25 cu ft ported. I will probably be carpeting it. Any estimates are appreciated.

SPY
03-29-2008, 02:03 PM
$20-$25 for a sheet of 3/4" MDF
$3 for glue
$5 for screws
$15-$20 for carpet

$43-$53 assuming you have all the tools you need.

ARK_SWAMP_RIDER
03-29-2008, 02:10 PM
Exactly what I was looking for, thanks SPY. I am also thinking that I will have to pay for a design? What tools are needed?

MyFartsStink
03-29-2008, 02:13 PM
Exactly what I was looking for, thanks SPY. I am also thinking that I will have to pay for a design? What tools are needed?

Didnt you ask this before?

BuckyBoy
03-29-2008, 04:01 PM
Some people get their wood cut at Home Depot when they buy the wood, so if you did that you wouldn't need a saw.
You will need a drill and/or clamps.
Also, if you are going to carpet it add about $10 extra to that for the spray adhesive. And a razor for the carpet.
Some spray paint for the port unless you want to leave it bare.
A jigsaw, rotozip, router something along those lines for the sub and terminal hole.

ARK_SWAMP_RIDER
03-29-2008, 04:25 PM
I have had topics go in this direction before, so yes, but I have never got all my questions answered. Looks like I have the tools required, thanks everyone.

SPY
03-29-2008, 05:31 PM
Some people get their wood cut at Home Depot when they buy the wood, so if you did that you wouldn't need a saw.
You will need a drill and/or clamps.
Also, if you are going to carpet it add about $10 extra to that for the spray adhesive. And a razor for the carpet.
Some spray paint for the port unless you want to leave it bare.
A jigsaw, rotozip, router something along those lines for the sub and terminal hole.

Yea, I forgot the spray glue.

I get the 3M stuff at HD for $5 a can and that should be more than enough for a box that size.

As for tools...

Saw or cut your wood at HD
Screw driver/drill and bits
Clamps are helpful but you can build with out them if you have to
Router/rotozip/jigsaw to do the speaker cutouts

Time and patience are the key to building a nice box. Don't rush it just to have it done, take your time and your money will be much better spent.

BushJ311
03-30-2008, 01:28 AM
home depot is always off on their cuts.

fozzymuphet
03-30-2008, 04:54 AM
home depot is always off on their cuts.

haha yea. I did a table once and figured what the hell and they were off 1/4" from the start of the cut to the end of the cut. But it usually beats the hell out of buying a table saw. The table was just for some plants though so it's not like anyone cared.