PDA

View Full Version : Cotton on the inside?

KurtisLow
03-29-2008, 12:18 AM
I'm building 2 enclosures (one for each of my JL Audio 10W3V3s). I built the boxes to JL Audio specs and all i have left to do is put the top pieces on and finish sealing them. Before i finish though, i was wondering if it would b a good idea to line the inside of the boxes with cotton.

bones22
03-29-2008, 12:21 AM
if they are sealed you can put some polyfill in if you want.

dont exactly need it tho

fozzymuphet
03-29-2008, 04:32 PM
usually cotton or polyfill is used in a sealed box when it sounds "boomy". There's no reason NOT to put the polyfill in if you already have it but If you don't then try it out first. No reason to waste money if it's not needed. You could also use insulation. A little itchy but it does the same thing.

Also I heard somewhere that dry concrete (from a bag, the dust kind not the one with gravel in it) will work but then again I'm a little scared when it comes to putting a material like that near a magnet....so I'm not recommending it just saying that it has BEEN recommended.

bones22
03-29-2008, 04:34 PM
usually cotton or polyfill is used in a sealed box when it sounds "boomy". There's no reason NOT to put the polyfill in if you already have it but If you don't then try it out first. No reason to waste money if it's not needed. You could also use insulation. A little itchy but it does the same thing.

Also I heard somewhere that dry concrete (from a bag, the dust kind not the one with gravel in it) will work but then again I'm a little scared when it comes to putting a material like that near a magnet....so I'm not recommending it just saying that it has BEEN recommended.

yes you can use kitty litter and other stuff to. stick with polyfill if you really want to use anything

KurtisLow
03-29-2008, 07:14 PM
Well, I don't have any polyfill so i'm just going to see how it sounds without it. Thanks guys!