PDA

View Full Version : Help with ejecting problems

bds0688
03-27-2008, 02:28 AM
So today I noticed that my cd player no longer wants to completely eject CD's everytime I use it. I will sometimes have to pop the faceplate off and grab the cd by the slight edge provided and then it keeps coming out. As far as I can tell my HU and faceplate are still aligned, and I don't hear any kind of grinding. Is there any cleaning methods, possible gunk build up or dust cleaning that may help? Or am I looking at an actual reason to get a 9887?

dragnix
03-27-2008, 02:34 AM
I thought you had problems with ejaculation, not sure if I can help you with this ejecting problem though.

Did you try and reset the CD player?

whammy
03-27-2008, 02:42 AM
I thought the same when I glanced at this haha.

Einzee
03-27-2008, 02:49 AM
It sounds like the transport mechanism is starting to wear out. The "mechanism" is made up of several parts and if any one of those parts wears out or breaks, the entire load/eject process will cease. I dont think that cleaning will remedy your problem, instead, you may want to have it serviced or go ahead and buy a 9887.

Einzee
03-27-2008, 02:49 AM
It sounds like the transport mechanism is starting to wear out. The "mechanism" is made up of several parts and if any one of those parts wears out or breaks, the entire load/eject process will cease. I dont think that cleaning will remedy your problem, instead, you may want to have it serviced or go ahead and buy a 9887.

bds0688
03-27-2008, 03:06 AM
I thought you had problems with ejaculation, not sure if I can help you with this ejecting problem though.

Did you try and reset the CD player?

Makes me wonder how you would have helped otherwise. :wow: I will try resetting it, it has given an error message when it gives up trying to eject it. If it's any indication, the battery was having issues and needed jumped often while the car was in the shop. Maybe it bugged out a little? Either way, worth a shot and thanks.

I've fixed standard tray cd players before, for computers and XBOX's. The cd player is far out of warranty, and has been installed in its now third car. Are transports of this design easy to repair? Any belts or gears? Or is it something entirely different?

dragnix
03-27-2008, 03:08 AM
Makes me wonder how you would have helped otherwise. :wow:

depends on what problem you may have :)

hoxie08
03-27-2008, 03:10 AM
i have problems with ejection sometimes.

dragnix
03-27-2008, 03:12 AM
i have problems with ejection sometimes.

of the ***** from your *******?

bds0688
03-27-2008, 03:14 AM
depends on what problem you may have :)

:laugh::laugh:

Any known way to hard reset an HU off the top of your head? I think I have the manual somewhere on my computer, but don't feel like digging through folders or Alpine's site right now.

dragnix
03-27-2008, 03:21 AM
:laugh::laugh:

Any known way to hard reset an HU off the top of your head? I think I have the manual somewhere on my computer, but don't feel like digging through folders or Alpine's site right now.

only way i do it is disconnect the battery cable and leave it there for a few minutes. Should reset no problem, unless it has an external power supply

IgnoreMe
03-27-2008, 03:28 AM
its a pretty simple fix. just stroke faster and harder.

iDesignBoxes
03-27-2008, 03:29 AM
I've read on forums about these problems before and the solution was to use a can of compressed air with the to rid of any debris that may be causing the ejection mechanism to malfunction. This may not work for everyone, but it is definitely worth a try.

bds0688
03-27-2008, 01:05 PM
Makes sense. I'll give it a shot today.

I tried, just needed some wilder ****.

Do you mean getting the tip inside where the mechanisms are, or just the outside? Thanks.

dragnix
03-27-2008, 01:07 PM
Makes sense. I'll give it a shot today.

I tried, just needed some wilder ****.

Do you mean getting the tip inside where the mechanisms are, or just the outside? Thanks.

I think you should do it on the outside, to see how much it hurts first. You don't wanna go ramming that thing in there all willy nilly. Never know how it's gonna affect your ability to reproduce later on.

bds0688
03-27-2008, 01:19 PM
I think you should do it on the outside, to see how much it hurts first. You don't wanna go ramming that thing in there all willy nilly. Never know how it's gonna affect your ability to reproduce later on.

****, thanks for the heads up. I don't need to go and circumsize myself again.

dragnix
03-27-2008, 01:21 PM
seriously, just spray it on the outside of the CD player to see if that helps any. If not, then spray a little deeper. You just don't want to spray it to deep as it might mess up other mechanism of the CD player.

bds0688
03-27-2008, 09:01 PM
seriously, just spray it on the outside of the CD player to see if that helps any. If not, then spray a little deeper. You just don't want to spray it to deep as it might mess up other mechanism of the CD player.

That's what I was thinking. High pressured air can mess up some stuff, especially if any debris is in the way. Hard reset didn't work, but I'll try air when I get access to pressurized air.

TrippleT
03-27-2008, 09:05 PM
depending on the HU you might have the belt in there also.... :)

if thats screwed or warn you might get problems... ;)

bds0688
03-27-2008, 09:08 PM
I'm hoping it's just a belt, those are easy enough to fix.