PDA

View Full Version : Blow Through Box ?'s

man_in_blak
03-26-2008, 02:19 PM
Wassup fella's, this is my first post. Anyway im working on designing a blow through setup in my 03 silverado ext cab, just had a few questions. I'm using 2 15in type r's run by a kicker zx1500. The optimal box volume from alpine is 2.9 ported per sub but i see guys building 'em way bigger with way bigger ports than alpine says is "optimal". Since i have basically no size limitations, what's the upside/downside to going bigger, and also how big should i go. I'm going for spl but it's also a daily driver.

SeanDub
03-26-2008, 02:28 PM
Don't murder that truck. That is all.

man_in_blak
03-26-2008, 02:34 PM
not gonna murder it. The truck has too much sentimental value and will never be sold, so im not worried about the hole. Plus i need the back seat for the kids, and i gotta have my system too. Unless anyone wants to steer me in another direction
im set on doing a blow through (done right though)

SeanDub
03-26-2008, 02:42 PM
not gonna murder it. The truck has too much sentimental value and will never be sold, so im not worried about the hole. Plus i need the back seat for the kids, and i gotta have my system too. Unless anyone wants to steer me in another direction
im set on doing a blow through (done right though)

Alright, well it seems like you understand what you're getting yourself into. As far the space for the type rs, all you need to do is search. You don't need to give them more than the necessary space just because you have it. They have been used many, many time by users on this board, so there are plenty of threads about them and plenty of answered questions. If Alpine recommends 2.9, then yes a ported box does need to be bigger. I'm not 100% sure, but I think a more appropriate box is around 4 cubes per 15 with around 60 square inches of port per sub. But I would definitely search to find more direct answers.