PDA

View Full Version : Big problem, Need Help



StockDX
05-04-2003, 07:57 PM
OK guys I went to help a friend install his system today. Well about 5 minutes after I get there, a few sparks shoot out from the amp. Im not exactly shure what happened He touched the either the Ground wire or the power wire. I think it was the ground wire, and sparks shot out. I just saw the sparks shoot out I wasnt paying real close attention. So I poped his hood and he did not disconnect the negative terminal on the battery. I didnt know that since he already started. So we finish hooking it up and it wont work. It worked the day before and until the time the sparks flew. Does anyone know what happened? What can we do to fix it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

ShaunMac
05-04-2003, 08:06 PM
Try checking all fuses in the system.

awalbert88
05-05-2003, 01:43 AM
It's either a fuse or the amp is dead, I think. Hopefully it was just a fuse, but sometimes they don't blow in time to save the amp.