PDA

View Full Version : General classifieds discussion

Fear Of Theive
03-25-2008, 10:25 AM
Well i never started this but the orignal post was,Jntar saying the new no post dumping rule,so i guess discuss.

Johnny Drama
03-25-2008, 10:26 AM
not to be a ******** but what's the rules for post dumping like,a example pleasE?(i'm dead serious)

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166292

2002XLT
03-25-2008, 01:16 PM
You brought attention to yourself. There are hundreds of sale threads moved around each day...Its kinda hard to catch them all.

What you fail to realize is that we dont get paid to do this, and we have lives. So we rely on the other 30k+ members to report what they see wrong and we take care of it as fast as possible. 10 people cane be on all day, but there is always a member on to report something.

I havent seen the fuse or wire bit, but we have laxed off the rules in the classifieds and its getting way out of hand. Post dumping is the first step. Ive been trying to get the admin to add itrader or and ebay version for quite a while...

The post dumping rule is a good one to back although i generally dont have that problem since i sell sht dirt cheap. ha.:crazy:

But i really hope you guys dont start getting stricter about mass item sale threads, because A) There would a SHITTON more threads and B) It would be horrible for myself.:)

I would also like to see you guys get stricter on scammers, and bad people who have had bad business. That really hurts the classifieds...

Flipx99
03-25-2008, 01:17 PM
The post dumping rule is a good one to back although i generally dont have that problem since i sell sht dirt cheap. ha.:crazy:

But i really hope you guys dont start getting stricter about mass item sale threads, because A) There would a SHITTON more threads and B) It would be horrible for myself.:)

I actually support the mass sale threads. It is better than some jackass bumping 19 forsale threads every 30 minutes.

Johnny Drama
03-25-2008, 01:18 PM

Just an FYI...Multi item is not mass item ;)

You can sell your entire system in a thread, you cant sell 400 distroblocks where you bought them to make cash off of.

Randy Savage
03-25-2008, 01:21 PM

I would also like to see you guys get stricter on scammers, and bad people who have had bad business. That really hurts the classifieds...

This it my take on it in regards to the mass sale threads.

If someone is selling their complete system in one thread...that's fine by me. If you're selling a radio, amp, sub, speakers in one thread- no problem.

If you're selling 26 brand new 'X' subs/speakers/amps...that's not gonna fly.

As for the scammers, it's hard to keep up with it in all honesty. I try and scan through the Classifieds once a day. I've started a bunch of stickies in the past, and I encourage people to PM me if they have an issue/question with a particular member/transaction/sale thread.

We can ban scammers easily. But there's not much stopping them from starting a new name and doing the same thing again.

2002XLT
03-25-2008, 01:21 PM

You can sell your entire system in a thread, you cant sell 400 distroblocks where you bought them to make cash off of.

Well where is that line drawn? lol. Is there a certain number? I post quite a few things for sale in my threads....

Flipx99
03-25-2008, 01:23 PM
Well where is that line drawn? lol. Is there a certain number? I post quite a few things for sale in my threads....

I would assume the mods would use constrained discretion to determine if the quantiy offered is a reasonable amount the average user may purchase.

Selling 100' of wire is normal....selling 100 JL w7s is different.

Johnny Drama
03-25-2008, 01:24 PM

Sadly there isnt one. Its up to the moderator that first sees it.

Usually a few things in quantity isnt an issue.

90accordman
03-25-2008, 01:25 PM

bah i only had 40 fuse holders

2002XLT
03-25-2008, 01:26 PM
This it my take on it in regards to the mass sale threads.

If someone is selling their complete system in one thread...that's fine by me. If you're selling a radio, amp, sub, speakers in one thread- no problem.

If you're selling 26 brand new 'X' subs/speakers/amps...that's not gonna fly.

As for the scammers, it's hard to keep up with it in all honesty. I try and scan through the Classifieds once a day. I've started a bunch of stickies in the past, and I encourage people to PM me if they have an issue/question with a particular member/transaction/sale thread.

We can ban scammers easily. But there's not much stopping them from starting a new name and doing the same thing again.

I agree that some obvious dealers shouldnt be allowed, but then again if they are good business people and can cut us a good deal, why would we complain?

And i know scammers are a losing battle, but what about hurricane0388 and bad95gt whose threads are still going and there SNs arent even banned? They can still log in and scam noobs through PMs. Seems like some mods are more interested in personal conflicts then whats in the best interest of the site.

Its truely a shame that the admin isnt more active on this site, it could be so much better just beinng able to IP ban people...

Johnny Drama
03-25-2008, 01:28 PM
I agree that some obvious dealers shouldnt be allowed, but then again if they are good business people and can cut us a good deal, why would we complain?

And i know scammers are a losing battle, but what about hurricane0388 and bad95gt whose threads are still going and there SNs arent even banned? They can still log in and scam noobs through PMs. Seems like some mods are more interested in personal conflicts then whats in the best interest of the site.

Its truely a shame that the admin isnt more active on this site, it could be so much better just beinng able to IP ban people...

Doesnt matter if you complain or not...its what the admin wants.

bah i only had 40 fuse holders

Honestly. Did you have need for 40 fuse holders? Or did you get them in a deal in hopes to sell them on caraudio.com?

2002XLT
03-25-2008, 01:30 PM

Honestly. Did you have need for 40 fuse holders? Or did you get them in a deal in hopes to sell them on caraudio.com?

So the number one car audio classified website, the one website that has a reputation for the fastest classified section and the main reason MANY people come to this site, doesnt want more business brought to this site? lol.

I mean, im not trying to get smart with you man, im just trying to understand the thought process on that one (not from you, but goober.)

Johnny Drama
03-25-2008, 01:33 PM
So the number one car audio classified website, the one website that has a reputation for the fastest classified section and the main reason MANY people come to this site, doesnt want more business brought to this site? lol.

I mean, im not trying to get smart with you man, im just trying to understand the thought process on that one (not from you, but goober.)

This site was built for car audio not classifieds. The money maker to him isnt the classifeds, its the main page and the posts keeping it up in traffic. His carauido.com url will make him #1 no doubt without any help from the classifieds.

The classifeds were intended for people to sell their used gear, not for people to use the site to earn a living off of. I could keep going, but I think you will understand by what I have said so far.

nismos14
03-25-2008, 01:33 PM
I don't think you're grasping it.

If you are selling 50 different items thats cool, its just a huge for sale thread with tons of different things. Maybe a couple duplicates here and thre like subs or backup HU's or whatever, but selling 500 of one item is bulk selling, whre you clearly purchased an item to re-sell.

I don't think there should be any discussion in this thread, 1st post should be stickied, and thread closed. End of story.

Randy Savage
03-25-2008, 01:35 PM

Unfortunately, goob doesn't want dealers selling on here, unless they're selling their own personal equipment.

As for hurricane0388 and bad95gt, I'm looking into both of them. It looks like hurricane has at least made an attempt to show that he's not a scammer, and him scamming anyone is still up in the air, so I don't think anything should be done with him.

Randy Savage
03-25-2008, 01:37 PM
Post about the classifieds- issues, suggestions, etc.

Pl8er
03-25-2008, 01:38 PM
I really feel that the sections should be broken up a bit more than they are. That way you don't have to bump the things so darn much.

Also much easier to find things this way.

Not saying eBay sections or anything but it would be nice to see Amps/Speakers/Subs/Other.

Andrew12
03-25-2008, 01:39 PM
Unfortunately, goob doesn't want dealers selling on here, unless they're selling their own personal equipment.

As for hurricane0388 and bad95gt, I'm looking into both of them. It looks like hurricane has at least made an attempt to show that he's not a scammer, and him scamming anyone is still up in the air, so I don't think anything should be done with him.

Can I comment? lol

Johnny Drama
03-25-2008, 01:42 PM
I really feel that the sections should be broken up a bit more than they are. That way you don't have to bump the things so darn much.

Not saying eBay sections or anything but it would be nice to see Amps/Speakers/Subs/Other.

We have discussed this and it has very mixed emotions. Some think its a good idea and others see it being more of a cluster fudge.

Personally I agree and disagree.
I like the broken up part, but it is more work on both the user and moderator to manage.

Also, we have ran it by goob several times to get either itrader type feedback or ebay type auctions for the site...Im still pushing for it and Ill bump the backroom thread again.

Alpineinstaller
I think someone should buy my stuff in the classifieds.

lilmaniac2
Mods should be banned for post dumping in classifieds. More on topic?

Pl8er
03-25-2008, 01:44 PM
We have discussed this and it has very mixed emotions. Some think its a good idea and others see it being more of a cluster fudge.

Personally I agree and disagree.
I like the broken up part, but it is more work on both the user and moderator to manage.

Also, we have ran it by goob several times to get either itrader type feedback or ebay type auctions for the site...Im still pushing for it and Ill bump the backroom thread again.

I think it is at least worth looking back into. Maybe the opinion has changed.

Something I have never been clear on, and curious was why no dealers allowed? I would think dealers would be a good thing as we may get price breaks for doing large volume with them?

What is the reasoning behind it?

Johnny Drama
03-25-2008, 01:44 PM

Lol ya.

I do and dont agree at the same time. I think they should know better. You dont see me doing it unless there is a reason behind. Such as yesterdays post dump by myself.

nismos14
03-25-2008, 01:45 PM
What was your post dump?

That contradicts your sticky:

No more warning...

Post dumping is public low balling with no intent to purchase
Off topic posts
Bashing posts
anything else that is in the original rules thread and anything else we see fit.

Its getting old...You have been warned.

1st offense 3 days
2nd 1 week
3rd 1 month
4th you're gone

Please report all post dumps...

Process of getting post dump removed.
1)hit the Triangle with the ! in side. Do NOT reply back to post dumper. There are 10 of us and we check our email quite often.

Johnny Drama
03-25-2008, 01:46 PM
I think it is at least worth looking back into. Maybe the opinion has changed.

Something I have never been clear on, and curious was why no dealers allowed? I would think dealers would be a good thing as we may get price breaks for doing large volume with them?

What is the reasoning behind it?

Goob feels VERY strongly about not using his forum for commercial gain. Therefor no dealers allowed.

lilmaniac2
03-25-2008, 01:46 PM
I refer more to the elitist dumps followed by the

"LOL you reported the post and the report goes to me, jackass"

Johnny Drama
03-25-2008, 01:47 PM
What was your post dump?

That contradicts your sticky:

You can find it if you are interested.

I refer more to the elitist dumps followed by the

"LOL you reported the post and the report goes to me, jackass"

It goes to 9 others as well.

Johnny Drama
03-25-2008, 01:48 PM
My phone is going crazy from the emails lol...Ill check them in a sec and begin operation clean up lol.

lilmaniac2
03-25-2008, 01:50 PM
it was in coreys fs ad about the xxx recone.... he said he was selling it for a shop, but in all reality he bought it from the shop, but he didnt state it clearly... oh well

Johnny Drama
03-25-2008, 01:54 PM
it was in coreys fs ad about the xxx recone.... he said he was selling it for a shop, but in all reality he bought it from the shop, but he didnt state it clearly... oh well

He hasnt PMd me to state otherwise so what I originally read stands.

Andrew12
03-25-2008, 01:56 PM

In my case with him, after taking 3 weeks to get HALF of my purchase after I was told would be shipped next day... I've yet to recieve the rest. He has offered to pay for the screws to be replaced... However, when it was sent to kicker, the replaced pieces and actual amp repair were calculated together (screws, side pieces, channel cover) so therefor I don't know what the actual pieces cost. Along with the missing pieces, I was told that I had a free pair of Kicker SS midbass' coming in the mail with the rest of the amp just because of the extremely long wait. This was.... Over a month and a half ago? In the end I've given up trying to communicate with him. Terrible business person, goes on vacation after I bought my stuff without any notice. Also tried to make me look like it was my fault I still didnt have the rest of my purchase when I tried to get his attention over on ROE.

I vote that people with terrible business practices like his should not be allowed to sell in the classifieds. If you're going to take someone's money, be practical. Family/emergencies are one thing, and situations such as that would be more than understandable for any delays... Leaving town to ski or vacation with no warning is another.

Johnny Drama
03-25-2008, 01:59 PM
In my case with him, after taking 3 weeks to get HALF of my purchase after I was told would be shipped next day... I've yet to recieve the rest. He has offered to pay for the screws to be replaced... However, when it was sent to kicker, the replaced pieces and actual amp repair were calculated together (screws, side pieces, channel cover) so therefor I don't know what the actual pieces cost. Along with the missing pieces, I was told that I had a free pair of Kicker SS midbass' coming in the mail with the rest of the amp just because of the extremely long wait. This was.... Over a month and a half ago? In the end I've given up trying to communicate with him. Terrible business person, goes on vacation after I bought my stuff without any notice. Also tried to make me look like it was my fault I still didnt have the rest of my purchase when I tried to get his attention over on ROE.

I vote that people with terrible business practices like his should not be allowed to sell in the classifieds. If you're going to take someone's money, be practical. Family/emergencies are one thing, and situations such as that would be more than understandable for any delays... Leaving town to ski or vacation with no warning is another.

People with unresolved negative feedback are not allowed to sell. Can you PM me the link to the following?

Your original purchase thread
Your bad feedback thread

528hz
03-25-2008, 02:01 PM

X2347898

This would make things so much easier, and people would probably sell things much quicker. Buyers would also find things they're looking for faster, It'a a win win for everyone.

How many people really go beyond page 4 or 5 in the Classifieds?

lilmaniac2
03-25-2008, 02:02 PM
I dislike the idea of splitting the classfieds

528hz
03-25-2008, 02:04 PM
I dislike the idea of splitting the classfieds

Why?

2002XLT
03-25-2008, 02:15 PM
This site was built for car audio not classifieds. The money maker to him isnt the classifeds, its the main page and the posts keeping it up in traffic. His carauido.com url will make him #1 no doubt without any help from the classifieds.

The classifeds were intended for people to sell their used gear, not for people to use the site to earn a living off of. I could keep going, but I think you will understand by what I have said so far.

I see.

Andrew12
03-25-2008, 02:15 PM
People with unresolved negative feedback are not allowed to sell. Can you PM me the link to the following?

Your original purchase thread
Your bad feedback thread

Pm'd

2002XLT
03-25-2008, 02:16 PM
X2347898

This would make things so much easier, and people would probably sell things much quicker. Buyers would also find things they're looking for faster, It'a a win win for everyone.

How many people really go beyond page 4 or 5 in the Classifieds?

You are fckin insane if you think that is a good idea. I would rather bump 1 thread 5-6 times a day vs bumping 5 threads 5-6 times a day. It would only make it easier to find, not easier to manage, moderate or control. So its a bad fcking idea.

nismos14
03-25-2008, 02:19 PM
^ RAWR.

I like the idea personally. Especially considering the fact that this is a car audio site and people should know what they are looking for/at.

528hz
But if you had less threads (in one section; which is what splitting them up would do) you wouldn't have to bump them as often because they wouldn't move as fast as they do now.

PsychoTheRapist
You are fckin insane if you think that is a good idea. I would rather bump 1 thread 5-6 times a day vs splitting 5 threads 5-6 times a day. It would only make it easier to find, not easier to manage, moderate or control. So its a bad fcking idea.

I like the idea of split classified as a buyer, but not as a seller. I'm torn.

2002XLT
03-25-2008, 02:22 PM
But if you had less threads (in one section; which is what splitting them up would do) you wouldn't have to bump them as often because they wouldn't move as fast as they do now.

^ RAWR.

I like the idea personally. Especially considering the fact that this is a car audio site and people should know what they are looking for/at.

I like the idea of split classified as a buyer, but not as a seller. I'm torn.

But see, this is where i dont understand, how would it be less threads when someone like myself would have to have a thread in each section, and so would many other people, so it would mutlitply the threads and you would still have to bump them every few hours. See where im getting at with this?

And ya, the one thing i can say that it would help the buyers find something easier, but ****, all you have to do is post a WTB thread, or do a quick search and anyone with half a brain should be able to do that.

Scoobydoo
03-25-2008, 03:52 PM
I would say split the classifieds, but considering some of the morons that come here there would be way too many "wrong section" posts

I only post dump when the OP pisses me off because 2 wrongs make a right;)

W8 a minute
03-25-2008, 08:56 PM
You are fckin insane if you think that is a good idea. I would rather bump 1 thread 5-6 times a day vs bumping 5 threads 5-6 times a day. It would only make it easier to find, not easier to manage, moderate or control. So its a bad fcking idea.

If this is an issue to you then maybe you sell too much stuff here. Which to me sounds like a dealer. You can just as easily be a used dealer as you can be a new dealer. I also think a limit on thread bumping per day should be instated.

We also need "hot deals" section like DIY has. It's good for the community if used correctly. Unfortunately people will just use it buy items and resell items in the classifieds ( see #2)

Personally I think the mods are just trying to protect Goob's money. The For Sale section is obviously a huge draw for the site. The more people visit the site the more they can charge for banners, ads, etc.

There are several things that I personally don't believe is post dumping:
1) Low ball offers. - You have to start somewhere.
2) Posting the link to where the seller bought the item. - I've seen a few items sell on ebay for cheap only to end up here a week later at a higher price. As a community we should be looking out for the members on a whole, not someones individual profits. The mods seem to be putting sellers above buyers. As an example I've seen people trying to sell used Crossfire amps and Aura amplifiers for more than they bought them new, on clearance, from ebay or PE. What a bunch of asshats, IMHO.
3) Posting a link to a legitimate site with a cheaper price. - That's part of the bargaining process. If I'm buying something at Circuit City and the Best Buy ad shows it cheaper you can bet I'll take that ad to Circuit City and ask them to beat the price.

Supergumby5000
03-25-2008, 09:01 PM
i think rules should be put in place on being able to post in the classifieds section

for example, fullsizechevy.com does not let you start a thread in the classifieds unless you have 50+ posts

would be a bad idea for here, or possibly a required picture w/ username?

i dunno, just some ideas....

Pl8er
03-25-2008, 09:02 PM

I think there should be a mixed section as well.

If your selling more than one item (like a whole system) put it in the other section or what not.

But for individual items, just have them in the proper section *shrug*

djman37
03-25-2008, 09:08 PM

like these?
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4337608&postcount=13

90accordman
03-25-2008, 09:18 PM

as stated in the thread a few of us me a a few friends DID have a use for them, we ended up using smaller kicker ones instead. I myself have 5 runs of 0 gauge in my ecplorer with a fuse on each side so that accounts for 10 right there. I mean its neither here nor there im not selling them here anymore so the points pretty moot, i just over the years have seen MANY threads just like that were even mods bought from the person doing it so i didnt think my 40 fuse holders were that big of deal. I'll just promply report all of them i see, worse that happens is i get banned for bugging. But as per your post mods dont get paid and theres to many members for you all to see everything so i dont see a problem reporting all the bullshit post.

2002XLT
03-26-2008, 01:41 AM
If this is an issue to you then maybe you sell too much stuff here. Which to me sounds like a dealer. You can just as easily be a used dealer as you can be a new dealer. I also think a limit on thread bumping per day should be instated.

Dude, regardless of how much i sell, i have excellent feedback, and i doubt you will get better deals on anything i have at the time. And guess what, if you do, ILL beat it. Im not a dealer, but i can say i come up with good deals and pass them along and maybe i end up with a few free pieces of equipment in the process. :) But im not the enemy. I put everything up here, and if nobody snags it, off to ebay it goes.

I dont see how honest classified traffic would be a bad thing? :confused:

jco1385
03-26-2008, 12:54 PM
Dude, regardless of how much i sell, i have excellent feedback, and i doubt you will get better deals on anything i have at the time. And guess what, if you do, ILL beat it. Im not a dealer, but i can say i come up with good deals and pass them along and maybe i end up with a few free pieces of equipment in the process. :) But im not the enemy. I put everything up here, and if nobody snags it, off to ebay it goes.

I dont see how honest classified traffic would be a bad thing? :confused:

this guy does good business. i mean he cant be doing this for a living. he probably doesnt get much profit at all. he's a great seller and is a very good guy to deal with. i mean where else can you get a perfect working mp3 hu for $35 shipped ;)

2002XLT
03-26-2008, 01:02 PM
this guy does good business. i mean he cant be doing this for a living. he probably doesnt get much profit at all. he's a great seller and is a very good guy to deal with. i mean where else can you get a perfect working mp3 hu for $35 shipped ;)

Thank you sir!

And your right, i hardly make enough to make the effort worth it, but its almost like a hobby for me, i dont really have the no-how to do installs or the time and energy to actually go through with becoming a dealer (plus that market is saturated)

I have my own business (restaurant/deli) that is family owned that pays the bills, this is just a way for me to get new equipment/toys all the time and try them out. Plus how many dealers do you know that are open to just about any kind of trade offers? ha.

But i am getting off topic here. I guess my main point is that i dont see how any honest business brought to this site is a bad thing. Mass item sells or not, if the price is right i just dont think we should complain, but im far from the admin so my vote doesnt really mean jack sht anyway. lol.

Scoobydoo
03-26-2008, 07:24 PM
i think the main point is goob doesnt want people profiting off his site unless he is gonna get a kickback

if i owned the site i would probably be the same way

i think rules should be put in place on being able to post in the classifieds section

for example, fullsizechevy.com does not let you start a thread in the classifieds unless you have 50+ posts

would be a bad idea for here, or possibly a required picture w/ username?

i dunno, just some ideas....

i suggested that a year ago and it was shot down:(

no only should new users not be able to post in the classifieds until they reach 50 or 100 QUALITY posts they shouldnt even be able to see it

there is no way that wouldnt help with scamming.

RAM_Designs
03-27-2008, 07:12 PM
do mods know who reports which posts?

Johnny Drama
03-27-2008, 07:17 PM
Yes

go_go_thrash
03-28-2008, 11:16 AM
The only real issue I have with the classifieds is people posting WTB/WTT threads in the for sale section. We all know the for sale section is a higher traffic area, most of us follow the rules and post in the appropriate section. I know it's a little thing, but it irks me.

lilmaniac2
03-28-2008, 07:48 PM
I reported a post for a post dump from a mod when this post was made, it still hasnt been addressed.. yay

90accordman
03-29-2008, 01:32 PM

toally agree, ive seen numberous "you can get it cheaper from Fi" "you can do this" from all of them and then they lock the thread.. same **** post dumping that they say is bannable. even sadder is that the one who created the thread is the one whom post dumped saying you could get it cheaper form Fi.

Scoobydoo
04-01-2008, 04:13 PM
I reported a post for a post dump from a mod when this post was made, it still hasnt been addressed.. yay

i reported 2 last night, one for post dumps and one because it is a "bulk" sale which, as i understand it, is not allowed here

also reported hurricane since he continues to sell feely while having unresolved issues with previous sales

none of them have been addressed yet or maybe they just werent important enough. it seems like the mods here take this **** seriously for a few days and then they just lose interest

krisfnbz
05-07-2008, 02:19 PM
We need to do something about the overall scamming on this website.

lucas569
03-30-2010, 03:47 AM
which mod do i contact for a post dump? place is like lord of the flies....

tapout
03-30-2010, 04:06 AM
Small triangle with exclamation point in bottom right of every post. See it? Hit it.

justin smith
03-30-2010, 04:33 AM
so this means no more big battery fs threads?