PDA

View Full Version : help with differentiating the stages

Hydrastas
03-25-2008, 04:58 AM
alright so lets say my system has the 6.5" round speakers in the front doors, is this the midbass? then theres tweeters on the dash, these for highs of course? and the 6x9s in the back dash... are those intended for the lower midbass freq as per my cars original sound system? or did i get any mixed up?

Gary S
03-26-2008, 03:06 AM
alright so lets say my system has the 6.5" round speakers in the front doors, is this the midbass? then theres tweeters on the dash, these for highs of course? and the 6x9s in the back dash... are those intended for the lower midbass freq as per my cars original sound system? or did i get any mixed up?

- The rear 6X9's will add additional midbass/bass to a factory system which does not have a sub... plus, improve sound for rear passengers... but it's not optimal for the front passengers.

The standard aftermarket sound quality system is optimized for the front seat listeners... it starts with a bi-amped subwoofer/satellite system.... 6.5" comps in the front handle the bulk of the directional sound... sub(s) fill in the lowest notes... you can use multiple amps, even a single 4-channel, but two channels are dedicated to the front speakers only, and one or more channels to the sub, via active crossovers in the amps or head unit. Rears are not normally used unless you have surround sound.