PDA

View Full Version : Little Different set-up for you guys.Component or Coaxial?

shore
03-23-2008, 02:10 PM
This for my ATV.I'm sure there will be a few people on here that know of it.We call them Audiopipes but in simple terms they are just 6" PVC .Two 6" elbows and a short straight section to connect them.Forms an elongated U.
MP3 playback and a little Boss Chaos200w amp inside the pipe.I know it is a crappy little amp but is is the biggest I can run that will fit in there.

Normally, we would just run a 6.5" and call it a day.I had put in the Alpine SPS M600 and the sound just lacks all bass response.It is sealed water tight with no poly-fill.Could be the low power handling or what?

I'm not expecting boom or anything like a full set-up.I simply think it could be better for not much more trouble.

My question is this, I could run components pretty easily.I could attach a 1" elbow on top of the PVC to hold the tweeter and the crossover could be mounted inside the larger 6"tube with the amp.

The cost is of course a concern as is overall durability.It is outside in the dust dirt.It might get wet but only briefly.

Is it worth it to try one of the component kits with that little amp or am I better off just running one of the coaxial 6.5's like the Kicker KS65/AlpineSPR-17/BazookaMAS650? Along those lines.

Thx for your time guys and I will include a pic to give ya an idea of what it is.

shore
03-23-2008, 02:23 PM
Maybe a set of those RSD PG?
They seem cheap enough to beat up.

shore
03-23-2008, 07:06 PM
20 views and no replies...cool.I understand.:)

azbass
03-23-2008, 07:11 PM
neat

NoobieAudio
03-23-2008, 07:23 PM
Maybe a set of those RSD PG?
They seem cheap enough to beat up.

go for it.

and we aren't doing suggestions because it seems like a stupid idea. for that application just do some cheap polk coaxials from fry's electronics. and maybe if you had some pics like mentioned...

dman4486
03-23-2008, 07:24 PM
go for it.

and we aren't doing suggestions because it seems like a stupid idea. for that application just do some cheap polk coaxials from fry's electronics. and maybe if you had some pics like mentioned...

the pics were up about 3 or 4 hours ago:fyi:

NoobieAudio
03-23-2008, 07:31 PM
i guess im crazy cause i don;t see them

shore
03-23-2008, 07:33 PM
go for it.

Why ya gotta be a child about it.The whole reason I asked was to see if it would be worth it to try.

The pics where up before, odd since you are soo intuitive.;)

dman4486
03-23-2008, 07:33 PM
link to pics for ya
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=301558

shore
03-23-2008, 07:36 PM
the pics were up about 3 or 4 hours ago:fyi:

I stated I would put the post in the other section,It is in general discussion. You guys have been here longer than me.I would think you would know the pics can only go in one post without a file name change.hence why the pics are in the other not in this one.

Pretty basic stuff guys.

Just want to hear opnions on which would work best with what I am doing.

shore
03-23-2008, 07:45 PM
Lets try this way
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa42/shoresls1/Brutetwo.jpg
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa42/shoresls1/bruteone.jpg

NoobieAudio
03-23-2008, 07:56 PM
I stated I would put the post in the other section,It is in general discussion. You guys have been here longer than me.I would think you would know the pics can only go in one post without a file name change.hence why the pics are in the other not in this one.

Pretty basic stuff guys.

Just want to hear opnions on which would work best with what I am doing.

don't come here being a d-bag. i didn't research your case i just saw the topic on the the Top-10 section.

and i still say you don't need components for that. get the coaxils. your playing them in such an open space i don't think comp would do much good and unless you insulate the inside of that pvc. anyway not familar with the setup so just ignore me

shore
03-23-2008, 08:03 PM
No, I want your opinion.

You layed in with the stupid comment.Act like a kid and get treated like one.Pretty simple that's all.

Moving on,I ask becasue it would be a bit less complicated to just get a good set of coaxials and go with it.I see there is a shortage of the PG RSD's right now anyways.

Which ones would you recommend?

NoobieAudio
03-23-2008, 08:12 PM
in a vehicle the rsd's would own. having them in the open like that i really don't think you would have a strong need for comps because you wouldn't have much option for sound staging and your going to have so many ambient noises from the great open doors that you don't need to pay extra money for a comp. just do the rsd coaxils. sound will be clear and loud

jdawg
03-23-2008, 08:22 PM
do some **** like this
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/5042/stupid3tq6.jpg

NoobieAudio
03-23-2008, 08:25 PM
do some **** like this
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/5042/stupid3tq6.jpg

dude i would jack that skinny boy

shore
03-23-2008, 08:56 PM
Hope he has one heck of a long extension cord...lulz.

Anyways,Then lets turn off the comps idea and lean in on some good coaxials.

With that little Boss amp what would be ideal?

I see you guys like the Revs Polks and RSD's.

Hit me with some model numbers and any other ideas.I'm all ears...thx

shore
03-23-2008, 10:40 PM
REV161's or the RDS6.5's?

I'm leaning towards the PG.