PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer avic d3, Kenwood 6019????

freakish07
03-22-2008, 05:39 PM
I had the kenwood ddx6019, but it went out.
I can get the 6019 for $399.99 + shipping or the pioneer d3 for $598.00- a $200 mail in rebate, for $399.98.
Which one should I go with?

Need opinions here.
Thanks

archie
03-22-2008, 07:41 PM
id say the d3. just personal preference tho b/c i love pioneer's nav features. both units are great tho

king ranch
03-22-2008, 07:47 PM
where can you get a d3 with that rebate

freakish07
03-22-2008, 11:47 PM
where can you get a d3 with that rebate

Yeah, I just bought the d3

Here's the link on the d3 with mail in rebate

http://www.gosale.com/4925116/pioneer-avic-d3-in-dash-dvd?gclid=CPiq_u2VoZICFQx7PAodrDVPRA

blazeplacid
03-23-2008, 12:47 AM
if they are not authorized you will not get the rebate

call pioneer and ask them

unless that rebate is though the store itself

id call that store and ask if its a rebate with pioneer or themselves

king ranch
03-23-2008, 12:50 AM
wow what a good price but like he said hope its authorized

djeazie
03-23-2008, 03:08 PM
Al&Eds has the best AUTHORIZED price Ive found.

JarvisB
03-23-2008, 06:21 PM
^^ link? I m thinking about grabbing one before the rebate expires...

djeazie
03-23-2008, 08:57 PM
http://www.al-eds.com/product.php?productid=16265&cat=0&page=1

JarvisB
03-23-2008, 09:15 PM
thanks!

btw how do u kw they r authorized, i cant find the info that says they r authorized?

djeazie
03-23-2008, 10:22 PM
Top left corner of that page under "why buy from us".

JarvisB
03-23-2008, 10:46 PM
looks good.. but look at above the price.. it says no mail in rebate required, 200 dollars discount is already applied. along with their own discount...???

so thats mean it is not possible to get another 200 dollars rebate since it is already applied in this price?

Rhyianp
03-24-2008, 12:28 AM
i think pioneer has some of the best radio's so my opinion would be the pioneer

bamaboy
03-24-2008, 12:52 AM
kenwood has the new 5120 which looks pretty much like the d3, cant go wrong with either though

djeazie
03-24-2008, 12:14 PM
looks good.. but look at above the price.. it says no mail in rebate required, 200 dollars discount is already applied. along with their own discount...???

so thats mean it is not possible to get another 200 dollars rebate since it is already applied in this price?

Yea rebate already applied. I only wanted to buy authorized, so I compaired this price to the Best Buy/Crutchfield price. Al-Eds had great shipping also and if I ever have a problem I dont have to worry about dealing with some ebay sellers policies. Worth a little extra if you ask me!

JarvisB
03-24-2008, 12:21 PM
Yea rebate already applied. I only wanted to buy authorized, so I compaired this price to the Best Buy/Crutchfield price. Al-Eds had great shipping also and if I ever have a problem I dont have to worry about dealing with some ebay sellers policies. Worth a little extra if you ask me!

But then it will be 589 at the final total price..

While at other places I can get it at 400 dollars or lower after the rebate so..??

Unless you re saying you r willing to pay extra 190 to be part of their service?

audioarsonal
03-24-2008, 12:25 PM
The d3 is nice but the kenwood is right up there.It has a bigger screen and better navigation.I have an n-1 and a 6019.The only things stopping me from using the DD is 1.no detachable face.2.can't fit a DD without some modification.
IMO go with the 6019

djeazie
03-24-2008, 12:36 PM
But then it will be 589 at the final total price..

While at other places I can get it at 400 dollars or lower after the rebate so..??

Unless you re saying you r willing to pay extra 190 to be part of their service?

Buy it for 600 wait for the rebate you might get (if authorized). So then it takes a crap a month later and Pioneer wont fix it under warranty because you didn buy it authorized.

Doesnt sound like a deal to me.
Pay 400 and hope, or pay 600 and know your ok. Its your money. But let me tell you, I buy authorized now for a reason, Ive been burnt buying from fleabay, they will NOT FIX UNAUTHORIZED UNDER WARRANTY!

lashlee
03-25-2008, 12:22 AM
I just installed a d3 today, and have a 6019 and the kenwood seems easier to use for me. The nav stuff is frustrating, the customer was disappointed that he could play a cd and use the nav at the same time!! It was a CPE install so I'm not too worried about it!!!

JarvisB
03-25-2008, 09:45 PM
Buy it for 600 wait for the rebate you might get (if authorized). So then it takes a crap a month later and Pioneer wont fix it under warranty because you didn buy it authorized.

Doesnt sound like a deal to me.
Pay 400 and hope, or pay 600 and know your ok. Its your money. But let me tell you, I buy authorized now for a reason, Ive been burnt buying from fleabay, they will NOT FIX UNAUTHORIZED UNDER WARRANTY!

i understand but what if I get a 400$ D3 which is from authorized seller? then that d be good.. to me at least?

bamaboy
03-26-2008, 12:26 AM
d3 use dvd nav or memory nav?

kenwood has garmin navigation and everything is stored on the unit

lashlee
03-26-2008, 12:13 PM
Dvd nav, and with only one slot, it makes it difficult to decided. The kenwood/garmin combo works great! Once you remove the disc, you can still see the map, but you can't zoom or input a new destination. It seems foolish to me!!

audioarsonal
03-26-2008, 04:19 PM
I have an N1.The fact that the nav has to have a disk to read does ****!If your watching a movie or listening to a cd you must remove it and put in the nav disk.Once you have selected a route you can then remove the cd and it will store it in the memory.
I can still zoom in and out but I can't find any PIO's.
The 6019 has the nav in a sepearte brain and doesn't require removing anything to use the nav.
The pioneer does have the most POI's of all the nav's I have seen though.

djeazie
03-26-2008, 04:47 PM
i understand but what if I get a 400$ D3 which is from authorized seller? then that d be good.. to me at least?

Yes that would be a good deal! Notice we have our own little convo. goin on here. LOL

audioarsonal
03-26-2008, 04:52 PM
Features should be just as important as price.If it doesn't do what you want then who cares if its only $100.
I am just telling you from experiance how these units work.

bamaboy
03-27-2008, 12:34 AM
now are we talking the 6019 with add on g510 nav or one of the DNX Kenwoods with everything built in? they make a 5120, and 7100 now with built in stuff but the new 7120 and 8120 comes out next month i believe, im trying to see what i can get the 8120 for at work

SubNoize05
03-27-2008, 01:55 AM
kenwood all the way... Pioneer also has gyro built in I believe to where its basically impossible to watch while moving

JarvisB
03-27-2008, 10:28 AM
I have an N1.The fact that the nav has to have a disk to read does ****!If your watching a movie or listening to a cd you must remove it and put in the nav disk.Once you have selected a route you can then remove the cd and it will store it in the memory.
I can still zoom in and out but I can't find any PIO's.
The 6019 has the nav in a sepearte brain and doesn't require removing anything to use the nav.
The pioneer does have the most POI's of all the nav's I have seen though.
Avic-D3 is like that either? I hope it is different than your N1? If not, then I guess Kenwood is a better unit because I want the navigation to be built in so that way I dont have to do "changing discs" shiit..

Yes that would be a good deal! Notice we have our own little convo. goin on here. LOL
lol yeah

audioarsonal
03-27-2008, 10:52 AM
kenwood all the way... Pioneer also has gyro built in I believe to where its basically impossible to watch while moving

Yes the N1,2,3 all have the gyro for the slope,angle,g-force,etc. and they did rig it to sence motion and shut down the nav/dvd features.However they all have a bypass and each is different.But pretty easy to do.The kenwood only requires grounding the brake wire to make all functions work.

Avic-D3 is like that either? I hope it is different than your N1? If not, then I guess Kenwood is a better unit because I want the navigation to be built in so that way I dont have to do "changing discs" shiit..

lol yeah

Yes, the d3 does have the nav disks.All the pioneers nav's have them.D2 is the only one I know of that runs dual cd slots so the nav disk can be in one while cd's are in the other.
D3 also only has a 6.1 in monitor.
Kenwood has a 6.95 in monitor and doesn't need any cd's to use the nav function.

IMO I would take the kenwood over the D3.

JarvisB
03-27-2008, 06:09 PM
that really *****..

I guess kenwood is the way to go.. Which kenwood should I look into? *I havent read most of the threads above, so if there is an answer above, I ll check it out later*

blazeplacid
03-29-2008, 10:18 AM
the d3 allows you to view a map without the disk about the same as the kenwood

also if you have an ipod and plan to use it with a d3 you dont need to worry about the nav disk only having one slot

I leave my ipod hooked up all the time and its like a harddrive based music set up. I also leave the nav disc in all the time.

its not a big deal if you have an ipod

I really love the D3, I used a Strada,Eclipse 5510, and the D3 and the d3 is the best so far.

It has way more POIs than the Strada or the Eclipse and you can look up an adress by phone number (business only)

Only thing i wish it had was a better EQ

wackdogg
04-09-2008, 01:17 AM
if they are not authorized you will not get the rebate

call pioneer and ask them

unless that rebate is though the store itself

id call that store and ask if its a rebate with pioneer or themselves

6th Ave electronics is an authorized dealer according to the pioneer website.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/FindStore

Type in zipcode 07652

I don't think that anyone is going to find a cheaper price for this NAV unit....I am buying one as I type this.