PDA

View Full Version : mounting crossover's

ashtrey1212
03-22-2008, 12:43 PM
Everyone I've talked to about this tells me the same thing, that it's not really a big problem, but I want as many good opinions as can get on the matter. When mounting the crossover's for a component system, is it a bad idea to mount inside the doors of the vehicle?

Worlddre
03-22-2008, 12:48 PM
you can put them inside the door if you want as long as you can make sure they will be safe from the elements

Etac
03-22-2008, 08:09 PM
when my first system was installed (before i knew what i was doing) the shop put the crossovers in the door... and they rusted bad after like a year

IgnoreMe
03-22-2008, 08:11 PM
what do you mean by in the door?

do you mean INSIDE the actual door, or do you mean behind the door panel? ive had all my xovers mounted behind the plastic door panel, but i have wanted to mount them in the back with my amps. either way, i havent had a problem yet.

rollerdj
03-22-2008, 08:15 PM
you could also put them under the seat. keep in mind. the closer to the comps the less sets of wire u have to run. i'm not to worried myself as i have a buttload of wire at work just collecting dust. :D

iDesignBoxes
03-22-2008, 08:18 PM
Kickpanels?

rollerdj
03-22-2008, 08:19 PM
kickpanels would be good. but i would allways be kicking them with wet shoes. i don't think they would put up with that to well.

ronjon228
03-24-2008, 12:37 AM
I have mine in the map holders on the door. The big pockets on the bottom of the door. I just drilled a hole big enough to get the wires through there. You can't see the hole once the door skin is back on, and it's very easy to adjust crossover settings or rewire the phase of speakers this way.

I did this because I too had my old x-overs rust in the door. I much prefer them to be inside the car now. :)